Call in letter taking forever after approval from NVC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call in letter taking forever after approval from NVC

Please I need your help. After our petion was approved in September we havnt heard anything from the US embassy here in Ghana. We have sent emails to them and they say the case is yet to be entered electronically into their system. Others whose cases were approved in November have received theirs. The case expires in January.

Did you check the Consular website? what does the status read?
    --Good luck--
    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Call in letter

It says " Your case is ready for an interview when scheduled at the US consulate section. If you have already scheduled for an interview prepare your documents as indicated in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate at the appointed date and time" Yet I havnt receive any call in letter to go for packet three and four. Thank you for your assistance

Comment

Originally posted by Kwaku Boamah View Post
        It says " Your case is ready for an interview when scheduled at the US consulate section. If you have already scheduled for an interview prepare your documents as indicated in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate at the appointed date and time" Yet I havnt receive any call in letter to go for packet three and four. Thank you for your assistance
        The CEAC says your case is ready. Don't rely on mail to get the packet. In some countries the postal service (and address system) is unreliable. The mail never arrives even if it was sent by the Consulate. I had the same issue. I waited and waited. Finally, I downloaded the forms and began the process for my fiancee without them. No problems at all. The K-1 packet never came in the mail.

Don't worry about the case expiration. As long as you inform them that you're intending to continue with the K-1 process, they'll extend the validity of the approved I-129F petition.

You can ask the Embassy to send you the documents electronically because the packets haven't arrived in the mail in several weeks.
        --Good luck--
        Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Call in letter

Thanks again, but the last time we e-mailed to enquire about the status of our case this was the response "This case has been electronically loaded to Accra from the National Visa Center. However, the case has not yet been scheduled for an interview. As soon as it is, consular staff will send a call-in letter to the applicant.

Thank you

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy – Accra, Ghana

We received this on 7th December, I also saw people with NOA2 in November receive their call in letters. The Accra embassy these days sends the package all in one and allow you to make appointment online.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X