X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 and !485 pending for more than 8 months

Hi,
    I filed my PR with concurrent filing of I-140 and 485

I filed in April 2016 (second week), have received my EAD and Advance Parole documents long back.

Still no movement on I-140 of 485.
    It is processing at Nebraska Processing Center.

I am on L1-A under EB-1 category.
    From India.

If your I-140 is pending for so long, are you able to change jobs?
    What implications will it have if I change job. Will USCIS need to re-process my documents based on new job?
    Last edited by ssdesign; 01-04-2017, 06:18 PM.

Hi,
    I would really appreciate some thoughts on this issue please?

Thanks

Comment

I140 and i485 also pending approval 8 months

Originally posted by ssdesign View Post
      Hi,
      I would really appreciate some thoughts on this issue please?

Thanks
      Hello did you get your approval. I am also waiting now almost 8 months

Comment

Hi there

I am also in the similar situation [filed concurrently during July 2016, received EAD + AP long back, fingerprinting, medical done long back etc]. So this delay is essentially common looks like.
        As far as changing the Job is concerned, the 180 day clause is applicable only after I-140 is approved. Doing any thing before that is slippery slope (even if its filed concurrently). Patience is the Key .

Comment

I-140 and I485 pending for more than 8 months

I am also in same situation.. Applied for I-140 in June 2016, I have EAD/Advance parole document now and I-140 in pending status, with this situation can i or my family can travel to india for 2months? if they travel will there be any implication when they come back to US.

can some on advise here..

Comment

Yes they can travel, and hence the AP. However, the risk is that during their stay, if your I140 gets rejected, then the I485 is also rejected automatically, which results in their EAD/AP becoming void, and hence they cannot use that to enter the US. Since you have not received any RFE to date (I assume), the probability that your I140 would be rejected in the next two months is small, since typically you are issued a RFE, and you will have time to submit any requested evidence, and then USCIS adjudicates your petition or issues a 2nd RFE, etc. This process can usually take several months. So, in summary, there is a risk involved, but the probability of that happening is pretty small.
            Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Hello ssdesign,

Any update on your status?

My case status:

June 17, 2016 --I-140/I-485 received at Nebraska Service Center.
              June 22, 2016 --Fingerprint Fee Received.
              August 16, 2016 --Biometrics done.

I've been waiting for a year and still no update. Online Case Status Processing Time updated June 14, 2017 as of April 30, 2017 at Nebraska Service Center EB1C processed are from April 2, 2016.

**Anyone with similar situation please share. Case Status updates posted in this forum really helps.**

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ptA2ptB View Post
                Hello ssdesign,

Any update on your status?

My case status:

June 17, 2016 --I-140/I-485 received at Nebraska Service Center.
                June 22, 2016 --Fingerprint Fee Received.
                August 16, 2016 --Biometrics done.

I've been waiting for a year and still no update. Online Case Status Processing Time updated June 14, 2017 as of April 30, 2017 at Nebraska Service Center EB1C processed are from April 2, 2016.

**Anyone with similar situation please share. Case Status updates posted in this forum really helps.**

Thanks!
                looks like EB1C has stuck in time with no urgency to process. it has not moved beyond Apr 2nd 2016. at this rate , i dont know the ETA in processing and moreover we dont know if the delay is procedural or some thing else ...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X