Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum Applicant marrying citizen

Hi All,

I filed for asylum in 2013 and now just got married to US citizen. My asylum application is still pending.
    My spouse is going to apply green card for me. Do I need to do anything with my asylum application first or just leave it as is?

Please help me and thank you for your response in advance.

Consult an Immigration attorney

Hello ,
    I am in the similar situation, I have a pending Asylum application, I married a US citizen and I filed for an adjustment of status, I already went to my Interview with my Wife but at the end, the immigration officer said he will have to review my asylum case before making a decision.
    It has been more than two months and nothing.
    I will advise you not to do like me, consult with an immigration attorney and share with me the options he gives you.
    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jambreaker View Post
      Hello ,
      I am in the similar situation, I have a pending Asylum application, I married a US citizen and I filed for an adjustment of status, I already went to my Interview with my Wife but at the end, the immigration officer said he will have to review my asylum case before making a decision.
      I will advise you not to do like me, consult with an immigration attorney and share with me the options he gives you.
      Thanks
      Thank you for sharing...now i'm more worried about my situation.
      Yes, if you have an update please let me know here. Greatly appreciated.

Comment

Just wanted to ask if someone else has gone through similar situation, also if know good lawyer in southern CA.

Paying lawyer to do the work seems to be too much for me right now and I also don't want to lose my chance of getting green card either.

I would like to know what you guys think, should I apply by myself?

Comment

Were you admitted to the United States? In what status?

Comment

I couldn't find my answer here so I made appointment with an attorney for consultation. Came here to post what I learned for others.

attorney charged $50 consultation fee, would charge about $2800 to take my case. Located in Southern California.

He told me: JUST LEAVE THE ASYLUM CASE, DON'T DO ANYTHING WITH IT AND APPLY FOR GREEN CARD THROUGH MARRIAGE

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
            Were you admitted to the United States? In what status?
            I came here legally through LAX airport with F1 visa, i applied for asylum while i was still student. I finished my studies and now just waiting for asylum case.

- - - Updated - - -

Comment

How long after Interview did you get your green card.

Hello ,
              Thanks

Hi Jambreaker. My case is also exactly like yours. I had my interview in Oct27-2017 and till now no decisionhas been made on my I485. My I-130 was approved on the spot. Please how long did yours take to get your green card and did you do any thing else for follow up.

Comment

Just leave it as it is

I was in a similar situation and now I have my green card in hand

Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
                Hi All,

I filed for asylum in 2013 and now just got married to US citizen. My asylum application is still pending.
                My spouse is going to apply green card for me. Do I need to do anything with my asylum application first or just leave it as is?

Please help me and thank you for your response in advance.
                - - - Updated - - -

I was in a similar situation and i have my green card in hand now, I didn't hire a lawyer, just did things by myself

Originally posted by gtaid1 View Post
                Just wanted to ask if someone else has gone through similar situation, also if know good lawyer in southern CA.

Paying lawyer to do the work seems to be too much for me right now and I also don't want to lose my chance of getting green card either.

I would like to know what you guys think, should I apply by myself?

Comment

I have a question

Originally posted by gbadek View Post
                  Hi Jambreaker. My case is also exactly like yours. I had my interview in Oct27-2017 and till now no decisionhas been made on my I485. My I-130 was approved on the spot. Please how long did yours take to get your green card and did you do any thing else for follow up.
                  I am US citizen and my fiance is a UK Asylum applicant. What is the process for bringing her here to states?

Comment

Please, share your experience!

Hi all,

I see that I am not along in this situation.

I filled asylum in 2014 ( still pending)
                    May, 2016 - married to USC
                    June, 2017 - marriage based interview

Still no decision was made.......

Did anybody do any action after interview while waiting? Did anybody wait this long?
                    Anybody got green card yet?

I would appreciate any information .
                    Thank you all in advance!

Comment

Hey what happened to you AOS process? Did you got approved?

Hello ,
                      Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X