Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currently on L1B and want to Apply for E2 - Wife on L2 and has EAD

Hello all,
    I am currently on L1B working for a company in USA. I have been on L1B for 17 months now. I want to establish a business and eventually dedicate my time for it under E2 visa.
    Reason why I picked E2 visa, is that I want to work on the business myself while my wife will have an EAD to be able to obtain employment if she chooses so.

Is there a way I can do this while in my job?

Please note that my company started my sponsorship process, going through the Labor Department approval, EB-3 PERM ( this has just started 3 months ago). I do not want to wait for years to establish this business and dedicate my time for it, and I would choose the business over GC if there is a legal way (E2 or else) to get to it fast.

So is there a shorter way to get to that while I have my L1B and without stopping my PERM process (just in case if the E2 gets rejected for any reason).

I am a Canadian Citizen, so is my wife if this makes any difference.

Thank you

It's complicated

This is a fairly complicated scenario. Technically you cannot work for multiple employers with an
    L-1B. Starting the new business will take time and a lot of planning. I suggest you consider hiring professionals to assist you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X