Long Term Care for Greencard Holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long Term Care for Greencard Holder

I need some information on long term care insurance for my father who just received his greencard. He is 76 years old needing 24 hour home health aide care. He also takes several prescriptions for Parkinson's Disease, heart disease, diabetes and blood pressure. What are my options? How much am I looking at approximately in terms of annual costs?

Originally posted by mmahadevan View Post
    I need some information on long term care insurance for my father who just received his greencard. He is 76 years old needing 24 hour home health aide care. He also takes several prescriptions for Parkinson's Disease, heart disease, diabetes and blood pressure. What are my options? How much am I looking at approximately in terms of annual costs?
    LTC policies are purchased in case one day they are needed, not when they are known to be needed. What company would you pay a few hundred dollars a month to, and in return expect them to pay several thousand dollars each month? There is no such coverage available.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71
    Last edited by Trinity71; 01-08-2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

You are looking at paying 100% out of pocket annually... He is a recent GC holder which means he doesn't qualify for Medicare for at least 5 years. Then when he does you will have to buy into Medicare... Which means you will pay full cost for Part A, Part B, and then the medical and drug portions. Now... Depending on the state you live in you can check with local domestic insurance companies (United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna, ect.) to see if they will insure a person older than 64.
      Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X