Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do when father has changed name and child needs passport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do when father has changed name and child needs passport?

Hi,

This is my first post here so please excuse me if this is in the wrong category. My partner and her 14 year old daughter are US citizens and want to visit me here in the UK where I am a citizen. My partner's ex-husband and father of her daughter (Sophie) used to go by the name of Ken and even slightly altered his copy of his birth certificate so that he could have all of his documents in that name. Now, he has remarried and reverted to his true birth name of Kim, changing all of his documents to match that name. So when we applied for a passport for Sophie, the documents were all accepted at the office but we ultimately received a letter saying that her passport application had been refused because the father's name on her birth certificate was different to the one on her father's present driver's license, registration card etc.

Does anyone know how we might go about proving that Ken and Kim are indeed the same person? Of course, he always would have had the same social security number but I am not sure how helpful this knowledge is in the strict world of applying for a US passport. Any advice on this would be most gratefully received. Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Chris.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X