Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rfe 1-693

Hi,
    My spouse and I have just received a RFE.
    The letters says that the form I-693 was not submitted.

We are 100% sure that we have submitted it in a sealed envelope.

I double checked our copy and everything is filled out correctly and signed.

There is only one little mistake in the first page of the form I-693: I wrote 26/04/2016 in the date field, next to my signature, instead of 04/26/2016 (in fact it's specified that it needs to be written in the mm/dd/yyyy form). The CS signed it on 04/29/2016 (date of completion) so it should be understood that what I meant was April 26th.

Can that little mistake be the reason why they sent me the RFE?

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

I suggest you just request for a copy of your medicals from the physician in a sealed envelope again and respond to your RFE by sending the copies.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshine_0215 View Post
      I suggest you just request for a copy of your medicals from the physician in a sealed envelope again and respond to your RFE by sending the copies.
      We just called the civil surgeon and he said they're gonna be able to reproduce another copy in a sealed envelope for fifty dollars.
      I don't even live in the city where I got that document done (Orlando), now I live in Fort Lauderdale and the civil surgeon said that they don't send anything: If I want that form resealed I need to go to Orlando.

This is little frustrating considering we've attached everything correctly to the request and we're going to end up spending more money than we should have!

Now, it turns out the letter I received from uscis was not a real request for evidence but a notice to applicant that says:

"An initial review of evidence submitted with your application determined that form I-693 has not been submitted. You will be required to submit a valid, completed and signed I-693 at a later date. Please follow these instructions:

-if you receive an interview notice in the mail, you must bring your updated I-693 to your interview appointment.
      -if your case does not require an interview, you will receive a request for evidence with instructions on where to send I-693.

Do not mail documents at this time. Mailing documents before receiving one of the notices referenced above may result in a delay to your case"

Is it also possible that they "temporarily" lost my I-693 while examining all my forms, perhaps sending documents to different departments but they're gonna find it eventually?

Thank you very much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X