Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 submitted and travel to India on week end

Hi ,
    Our attorneys have submitted I140 on Dec 15th.I was told by HR that it was planned to reach on Dec 15th 2016 (Thursday) to USCIS through courier.I inquired to confirm on Friday if it reached and they replied it reached USCIS. I assume it reached on Thursday itself.

I travel in that week end(Dec 18th) to India and came back couple of day back . Hope that is fine to travel to India on that week end with out staying here to receive the acknowledgement from USCIS and It should not be a problem.

Please Confirm.

Thank you.
    Vinay Kumar

No problem. There is no need for you to receive or acknowledge anything. Typically you could have asked the NOA to be sent to your attorney too.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

I 140 and immediate travel next day

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      No problem. There is no need for you to receive or acknowledge anything. Typically you could have asked the NOA to be sent to your attorney too.
      Just want to be clear.I have asked the HR guys and they said the Fedex delivery date when looked at on line confirmed delivery is on 15 or 16th December and then I traveled on 18 night.Hope that is sufficient and I didnt wait for the date of receipt from USCIS before I travel.I was told that typically USCIS would send receipt dated a day or 2 after it received in forums. Would that be an issue because if that is the case the receipt date would be is after I travelled and not in US.that means I cant file if I an not in US.
      Attorneys haven't received the acknowledgement yet till date.

Hope my travel should not be a problem for i140.

Please confirm

Thank you,
      Vinay Kumar
      Last edited by kvvinaykumar; 01-14-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Are you confusing I140 with I485?

I still do not see what the problem is. I140 is filed by your employer, and hence it does not matter whether you are present in the US or not. I140 can be filed by an employer for a potentil employee whether present in the US or not, whether the employee is currently working for the employer or not. You have got nothing to do with I140 filing, and hence for e.g., you cannot request for a change or revocation of I140. That is completely an employer's prerogative. I think you might be confusing with I485 which is filed by you, and needs you to be present in the US.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X