Filing for Reentry Permit in Guam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing for Reentry Permit in Guam

I have a 10 month old baby which makes it difficult for me to travel for a long period to the US to file my re entry permit.

My question is, would it be possible for me to 1) file for my reentry permit in Guam and then later go to the States to file my biometrics?

I plan to fly in to Guam on April 24th, send my application while on US soil (Guam) and then later fly to Boston to get my biometrics done (Boston is now where my US address is but I had no choice).

Please kindly advise whether this is a possible scenario or not. I cannot travel with my baby and a month is too long for me to stay in the States as well.

Any info/suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

I don't really understand at all. Guam is in the US. You can do biometrics there. If Guam is where you will be staying for a while before you go abroad, then why not file and do biometrics there?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Guam filing

That's a good question. My US address is in California and I wanted to just show intention of someday going back to the continental US by showing up for biometrics in the States. Ideally I would like to both file for the reentry permit and do the biometrics in Guam. Is this realistic or should I try to at least 'set foot' in the continental US? Any info or suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Comment

There is no difference between "continental" and not continental US. Guam, Northern Marianas, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands are all part of the US for immigration purposes. Are you traveling abroad? Or are you just traveling to Guam? If you are just traveling to Guam, you are staying in the US the whole time.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

guam

I live in Korea and was planning to go to Guam to file my reentry permit for 3-4 days and later go back to the States for my
          biometrics as I cannot be away from my baby for the necessary 4-6 weeks. Does my plan to 1) travel to Guam to file and then go back to Korea and later 2) travel back to the States (Boston) to get my biometrics done sound like a legit plan? Thanks for your responses. I genuinely appreciate your time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X