Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ds 160 query - traffic misdemeanor tickets- not guilty - dismissed - no convictioon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds 160 query - traffic misdemeanor tickets- not guilty - dismissed - no convictioon

In NY State, I was pulled over by a cop on a highway and was given 3 tickets ( misdemeanors - Criminal tickets) for driving a vehicle with suspended registration due to an insurance lapse.
    I was NOT arrested by the cop ( No fingerprinting, No custody).

I have always paid my insurance bills on time and an error from my auto insurance company led to DMV suspending my registration and I was not even aware of it.

I contacted my Insurance company who fixed the issue at the DMV and my vehicle registration suspension was rescinded within 3 days of receiving the tickets and everything was sorted out.

I appeared at the Nassau county criminal court with my attorney and the judge instantly dismissed my case with no fine or any convictions as I pled NOT GUILTY and showed the proof of continuous insurance coverage and all-clear DMV registration transcripts.

I have a court disposition saying that all the charges are dismissed and sealed with no fine or conviction.

I am on H1B visa and am filling my DS 160 form and there is a question

"have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime?"

Though i was not arrested and fingerprinted, since I received criminal citation in NY, I am confused as to whether I should answer YES or NO?

Thank you very much for your help.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X