Health Insurance - E2 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Insurance - E2 Visa

I'm newly in the USA on an E2 visa. What are the health insurance requirements for my wife and I?

Generally, am I better to have a personal plan or a business 'group' plan?

We are both fairly young and (touch wood!!) healthy.

We are unable to advise what your requirements are regarding insurance so for any questions related to tax, please contact a tax professional.

However, I can tell you that if you are eligible for a ACA plan, you should definitely do that and that must be your first choice. But until you are able to do so, your only other choice is to enroll into short term plans that are specifically exempt from being ACA compliant.

We have plans such as Patriot America Plus that are a good option while waiting for eligibility into an ACA plan.

Please find the plan information at,
    Patriot America Plus Insurance - Travel health insurance from International Medical Group (IMG). Patriot America is a popular visitors medical insurance

You can contact our office to speak with a licensed insurance agent to discuss your options.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy View Post
      We are unable to advise what your requirements are regarding insurance so for any questions related to tax, please contact a tax professional.

However, I can tell you that if you are eligible for a ACA plan, you should definitely do that and that must be your first choice. But until you are able to do so, your only other choice is to enroll into short term plans that are specifically exempt from being ACA compliant.

We have plans such as Patriot America Plus that are a good option while waiting for eligibility into an ACA plan.

Please find the plan information at,
      Patriot America Plus Insurance - Travel health insurance from International Medical Group (IMG). Patriot America is a popular visitors medical insurance

You can contact our office to speak with a licensed insurance agent to discuss your options.
      Thank you for the reply to my thread. Can I ask why your plans through your site are so much cheaper than anything that seems to be on the health marketplace/traditional health insurance in the US? What risks aren't covered?

Comment

Originally posted by the moose View Post
        Thank you for the reply to my thread. Can I ask why your plans through your site are so much cheaper than anything that seems to be on the health marketplace/traditional health insurance in the US? What risks aren't covered?
        I looked at them once, you get what you pay for, cover is both limited in scope and amount.

They are not compliant to meet the needs of anyone resident, more limited than what you would normally see in Travel Insurance policies.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X