Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply for canadain universities for graduate studies having a US Dependent VISA(H4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for canadain universities for graduate studies having a US Dependent VISA(H4)

I am an Indian citizen, currently pursuing my Masters here in India.
    My wife recently got an onsite offer and possess a H1B VISA. She will be working in Detroit(Michigan).
    I too have a dependent visa H4 and will be applying for 2018 admissions in US and will be staying with family till then. Also to improve my chances and opputunities, I am also considering canadian universities which are equally distant from Detroit(MI).
    So my doubt is, Can I apply for canadian universities possesing a valid US H4 VISA?
    If so, will there be any implications regarding financial aid/scholarship consideration or will i still be treated as usual international student?
    If all goes well, and got admission in canada,do i have to travel to India for VISA stamping or can it be done in US itself.

Please guide me regarding this issues.
    Thanks in advance

Regards
    sravan

Originally posted by sravanreddych View Post
    I am an Indian citizen, currently pursuing my Masters here in India.
    My wife recently got an onsite offer and possess a H1B VISA. She will be working in Detroit(Michigan).
    I too have a dependent visa H4 and will be applying for 2018 admissions in US and will be staying with family till then. Also to improve my chances and opputunities, I am also considering canadian universities which are equally distant from Detroit(MI).
    So my doubt is, Can I apply for canadian universities possesing a valid US H4 VISA?
    If so, will there be any implications regarding financial aid/scholarship consideration or will i still be treated as usual international student?
    If all goes well, and got admission in canada,do i have to travel to India for VISA stamping or can it be done in US itself.

Please guide me regarding this issues.
    Thanks in advance

Regards
    sravan
    This is a complex question because you have many variables.
    First off no matter what US Visa you have to enter Canada you will need an ETA "Electronic Travel Authorization" Citizens from India are not exempt, depending on your study discipline and the provence you wish to go to is also a factor.
    Canada has "DESIGNATED LEARNING INSTITUTIONS" that enable a student to enter with a modified visa.
    I suggest you visit the Canadian Home Canada.ca

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X