How to securely erase an iPhone 5S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to securely erase an iPhone 5S?

I am leaving to USA in next week and will give my iPhone 5S to my younger brother. I have a lot of private things on the phone so how to completely wipe the phone? I don't want any of them being seen by my brother.

It's not difficult to erase an iphone and I tried two 2 tools: itunes and joyoshare ipasscode unlocker .

Comment

To do it on your iPhone, open Settings, then tap "General." Next, select "Reset," then "Erase All Content and Settings." Unlike the iTunes method, this does not install a new version of the software — just securely erases all of the content and settings.

Comment

I'm an iPhone 5S user and facing some concerns. Thanks for providing this data. I like to completely wipe the phone. I tried but not sure that it did work. So I was searching for a more reliable solution

Comment

Apple recommends to sign out of everything, then go into Settings -> General -> Erase All Content and Settings. That should do it without installing 3rd-party software. However, if you ever need to write a proper apa format essay on your iPhone you'll most likely need a third-party app.
          Last edited by DanielCoulson; 12-28-2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X