Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for a Green Card after 7 years residency

Good Afternoon,

I am currently serving with the British Airforce in the USA. I am here on a 5-7 year tour with a NATO-2 Visa. I have my wife and children with me (All on NATO-2 Visas). I have a SSN now and my wife has an SSN and EAD and is currently working as a registered Nurse paying tax on her earnings.

What I would like to know is, at the end of our 7 year tour here in the USA would we be able to apply for a Green Card and permanent residency?.

I beleive that NATO-2 Visa is a non-immigrant resident and as such does not qualify for naturalization due to the time we have lived her in the UAS.

Would a better option be to apply through my wife, with her being a registered and licenced nurse who has been working at the same hospital for the past 5 years.

I am currently in a state of knowing nothing, and would be happy with any guidance or advice you can provide me with.

Me and my family love it here and my 2 daughters have spent nearly 3/4 of thier life here in the USA and we all class it as home now. We own a house so that wouldnt be an issue and we are US Citizens in all but name.

Thank you in advance

Cescesc

Not easy. Either your wife, or you post-NATO, would require a US employer willing to sponsor you for a job. The job must be in a field that lacks qualified US workers, as in IT, etc.

Any number of years in the US does not, unfortunately, qualify for Permanent Residency. You'd need a so-called base, ie Family or a Job.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X