Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 212 e finding letter question

long story short:
    1. I was on j1 visa, High school exchange student type, (which stated i have 2 year of HRR both on my visa and DS2019), from 2009 to 2010.
    2. from 2010 to 2014 i was on F visa for college, from 2014-2015 i was on OPT. I got my H1b in late November 2015.
    3. currently i am working for an american company under H1b visa. before H1b petition April 1st 2015, I applied J1 waiver thru "no objection" and i got a 212e finding letter from DOS right before i filed my H1b petition, the letter looked a lot like the Advisory Opinion letter, and it showed " i am not subject to 2 years requirement based on my DS2019 program and skill list"
    Now i am preparing to applying for my Green card based on employment, i read stories about RFE of J1 212e during I485 AOS, not sure if the 212 e finding letter from DOS will be an enough evidence for the RFE, my lawyer said that to get rid of the 2 year HRR, there must be a letter from USICIS which shows I am officially don't need to worry about the 2 years.

In my case, do u think i need to worry about my J1 case or not? need your opinion guys, thanks a lot.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X