Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting married on tourist visa and apply for spouse visa after two years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting married on tourist visa and apply for spouse visa after two years.

Hi everyone,

Me and my boyfriend wish to get married when I come to visit him on tourist visa this year. However, I intend to go back to my home country since I am still under employment contract that will end in 2019.

My concern is:

1. Can I still visit him twice or three times a year on the tourist visa because we plan to start the spouse visa process in early 2019 as I understand it takes close to one year to process?

2. Will the US immigration deny my entry if they know I married using tourist visa?

3. Do I still need to apply for an adjustment of status?

4. If I obtain the spouse visa after we have been married for two years, am I still under the two years conditional green card?

Thank you for feed back

It is perfectly legal to get married on a tourist visa. Once you exit the US, you may visit back but bear in mind to answer truthfully if asked about purpose of visit. Entry or denial is entirely up to CBP; no one here can guarantee.
    About a year before you're ready to move to the US permanently, spouse petitions for CR1/IR1 visa while you await processing and interview in your country.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X