Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J1 212(e) wavier through an IGA (Department of Defense)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 212(e) wavier through an IGA (Department of Defense)

Hello Everyone,

I came to the US in 2008 on a Fulbright scholarship. I graduated in 2013 and have been working on an O1 visa.

I am now working in a research lab that I did my PhD work in. I have been working at this lab for more than 5 years.

My work is sponsored by two Office of Naval Research projects (DoD). I am planning on applying for an IGA waiver through the DoD. My work is extremely crucial to these two important projects.

I have three questions. I will be extremely grateful if anyone can answer any of the three:

1. Has anybody here have any experience working with DoD (or any Federal agency) waivers?

2. How does the DoS view waiver requests from the DoD or any Federal agency in general?

3. How can I strengthen my application? Will letters from senators etc help?

Thank you very much. Any help with these will be much appreciated.

Presumably there is an in-house legal office that handles waivers, no? Highly doubtful a public forum is suited to DoS\DoD liaison matters.

Comment

Please help : DS2019 extension Vs university contract

I am working as a post doctoral researcher.

I am on J1 visa which was subjected to 2 year home residency requirement. I got the waiver for this requirement. Before applying for the waiver, I extended my DS-2019. After the waiver I also filled I-485 which is currently pending.

Since I already have the J1 waiver and filled the I-485, I know I cant extend my current postdoc contract beyond the expiration date of the current DS-2019 form.

But is it ok to extend my current postdoc contract (expiring on 31 January, 2017) with the university within the expiration date of the current DS-2019 form (valid till Nov., 2017).

My DS-2019 is valid till November, 2017 and my J1-Visa stamped in the passport valid just one more week (31st January, 2017). My I-485 is still pending and have not received EAD yet. I would greatly appreciate your response. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X