Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Processing time for OCI

Hi,
    I am planning to travel to India around last week of March/ first week of April. I have a few questions-
    1. If I apply for my OCI now, will I get it before that?
    2. What is the typical processing time?
    3. Also can I apply for renunciation of my Indian passport along with my OCI application?
    4. Since they keep the passport during the period of the processing time, what happens if an emergency occurs and you have to travel?

5. Is it a better option to apply for on arrival visa this time, and then just come back and from my India trip and then apply for OCI?

Thanks
    Archana

Originally posted by ankh80 View Post
    Hi,
    I am planning to travel to India around last week of March/ first week of April. I have a few questions-
    1. If I apply for my OCI now, will I get it before that?
    2. What is the typical processing time?
    3. Also can I apply for renunciation of my Indian passport along with my OCI application?
    4. Since they keep the passport during the period of the processing time, what happens if an emergency occurs and you have to travel?

5. Is it a better option to apply for on arrival visa this time, and then just come back and from my India trip and then apply for OCI?

Thanks
    Archana
    1. you may receive your OCI card by that time
    2. the standard turnaround time for OCI is 2 month, may take forever
    3. you have to apply Renunciation with OCI, or apply OCI with granted renunciation copy
    4. do not send the current U.S passport with the process of OCI, only the latest Indian passport is required for renunciation purpose. I know the checklist said the passport original and copy, just ignore that, in fact the consular is not asking for that at all. do not send

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
      4. do not send the current U.S passport with the process of OCI, only the latest Indian passport is required for renunciation purpose. I know the checklist said the passport original and copy, just ignore that, in fact the consular is not asking for that at all. do not send
      Please clarify on that critical point. Are you saying that the checklist on CKGS is incorrect?

I plan to apply for OCI in the future. I was told that I must follow all instructions on the CKGS site, and submit all documents in checklist. CKGS will forward application to Consulate.

The Consulate partners with CKGS. If there is an error in the checklist, why has it not been corrected with the proper information?

Comment

Originally posted by ravifremont View Post
        Please clarify on that critical point. Are you saying that the checklist on CKGS is incorrect?

I plan to apply for OCI in the future. I was told that I must follow all instructions on the CKGS site, and submit all documents in checklist. CKGS will forward application to Consulate.

The Consulate partners with CKGS. If there is an error in the checklist, why has it not been corrected with the proper information?
        CKGS checklist is not 100% correct. I know the better requirements without wasting time and effort. but for free advertising, I only provide short and useful hints here.

Comment

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
          CKGS checklist is not 100% correct. I know the better requirements without wasting time and effort. but for free advertising, I only provide short and useful hints here.

The CKGS works directly with the consulate to gather requirements and will reject the application if document checklist is not followed.

Do NOT mislead people by advising not to follow their official website instructions.

Who are you?? How do you know the requirements? ... And what "free advertising" are you talking about?
          Last edited by ravifremont; 01-23-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X