H1 Visa + L2 Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa + L2 Visa

Hi, I was working on H1b visa and have used 5 years on H1b visa. I had some complications in my H1 visa hence I happened to travel on L2 to continue with working. Now I have both the visas L2 and H1b. I am using L2 visa on my wife's L1A. However I still have H1b visa for one year which I am not using for now. The question is relatively simple if I can continue to work on L2 for next 3 years (this will be a total of 8 years = 5 years of H1b and 3 years of L2)...and I did not have any 1 year break that is needed to stay out of USA...

Originally posted by Viru_10 View Post
    Hi, I was working on H1b visa and have used 5 years on H1b visa. I had some complications in my H1 visa hence I happened to travel on L2 to continue with working. Now I have both the visas L2 and H1b. I am using L2 visa on my wife's L1A. However I still have H1b visa for one year which I am not using for now. The question is relatively simple if I can continue to work on L2 for next 3 years (this will be a total of 8 years = 5 years of H1b and 3 years of L2)...and I did not have any 1 year break that is needed to stay out of USA...
    Yes you can as long as you have valid EAD, I94, and spouse is maintaining L1 status. 6 year limit is for H1 or H1 + L1. Not for H1+ L2.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X