Visa stamping - Dui - query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping - Dui - query

I had a DUI incident in Oct-2016, court hearing in few days in Jan-2017. I have a lawyer and we will mostly plead guilty. I was planning to travel to India in Feb-2017.

My Visa has expired and was due for stamping so I will have to go through the medical process and am mentally preparing for a little longer time in India than expected.

My question to the folks here is should I travel to India now or should I complete the DUI related classes (which usually last for 3 months) and the entire process ? My lawyer suggested it is safer to go after the whole process is done. I do agree with her but delaying my trip will be a little difficult (not impossible). I should go at a later date but wanted to hear from the community, has someone traveled before the process was completed ?

I think completing the entire process helps during the psych evaluation ? but this might be half knowledge. Do suggest.

Also can I complete the medical evaluation if I travel in Feb-2017 or do I have to wait for a specific duration before I can do those ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X