Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg Citizenship for my daughter

Hello

I and my daughter are Indian citizens on GC in USA right now and i have past 5 years since i got my GC.

I was planning to apply for citizenship, but when filling the form i see that my daughter needs to be 18 years before i could apply. so i have the below doubts:
    1. Is there any way i can get citizenship for her as well. and whts the proceadure
    2. And if i go for citizenship will there be any issue for my daughter being on GC ? And during her renewal process.

Thanks in advance

Hari

If you become a US citizen (i.e. take the oath) before she turns 18, she will automatically become a US citizen without doing anything.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      If you become a US citizen (i.e. take the oath) before she turns 18, she will automatically become a US citizen without doing anything.
      thank you for your time..
      once i take the oath do i need to file or follow any procedure to get her the citizenship status

Comment

Originally posted by harimhkr View Post
        once i take the oath do i need to file or follow any procedure to get her the citizenship status
        No. It is automatic. She won't have any proof of it, but under the law she is a citizen.

As a US citizen, she can apply for a US passport as proof of citizenship.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X