Tax Returns when on GC and No Income!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax Returns when on GC and No Income!

I got my green card in July 2014, when i was in India. Then i came to US in October 2014 got my Return Permit and traveled back to India.

I was in India until end 2016, so i do NOT have any US income for 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Being permanent resident(GC) does one have to file tax returns even where there is NO US income?

I might be applying for Return Permit again, and there is a question about NOT filing taxes after being GC holder.

Please advise.

Tax returns are required of Green Card holders for income earned outside the U.S. But if there was no earned income, a tax return is not required, and could even be considered a "frivolous" submittal.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Kudla View Post
    I got my green card in July 2014, when i was in India. Then i came to US in October 2014 got my Return Permit and traveled back to India.

I was in India until end 2016, so i do NOT have any US income for 2014, 2015 and 2016.

Being permanent resident(GC) does one have to file tax returns even where there is NO US income?

I might be applying for Return Permit again, and there is a question about NOT filing taxes after being GC holder.

Please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X