Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• came with gree card and green card was revoked

hi there,

my father was a US citizen and he applied for me and my family for family petition. After many years the entire family including three kids came here in the usa.
    we got the immigration visas in 2000 but two months before our interview the father had passed away. we successfully passed the interview, came to the usa and we received the gree cards. few months later our green cards were revoked because father passed away befoire the interview. we fought for it on court by also applying for asulym and asking to have the green card b e given back but we failed.

is there any legal aspect that I can fight again? I have a 20 year old son now who is totally disabled and mentally unable to walk or talk or understand.

please help as I spent 75K and I am so broke to this date that I cant afford any lawyer anymore.

At the time of your father's death, another qualified relative could have become a substitute sponsor, but that was your only option for meeting the requirements. How did Homeland Security become aware of your father's death, which led to the revocation of the Green Cards?

--Ray B

Originally posted by nesfrank View Post
    hi there,

my father was a US citizen and he applied for me and my family for family petition. After many years the entire family including three kids came here in the usa.
    we got the immigration visas in 2000 but two months before our interview the father had passed away. we successfully passed the interview, came to the usa and we received the gree cards. few months later our green cards were revoked because father passed away befoire the interview. we fought for it on court by also applying for asulym and asking to have the green card b e given back but we failed.

is there any legal aspect that I can fight again? I have a 20 year old son now who is totally disabled and mentally unable to walk or talk or understand.

please help as I spent 75K and I am so broke to this date that I cant afford any lawyer anymore.

Comment

Are you still in the US or outside the US? Were you in removal proceedings?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
        At the time of your father's death, another qualified relative could have become a substitute sponsor, but that was your only option for meeting the requirements. How did Homeland Security become aware of your father's death, which led to the revocation of the Green Cards?

--Ray B
        one of the people I know called/wrote them a letter my father had died just to cause me issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        Are you still in the US or outside the US? Were you in removal proceedings?
        I am in the us

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post

--Ray B
          I belive we had a sponsor that's why we came but 100% I don't know why we lost the greencard, why was it revoked, we only thought thaqt someone informed them my father had died. what could be the reason we lost green cards, yet it is so odd to understand, then I had kids of 7, 2, 2. one is totally disabled.

Comment

Since a government agency (Embassy or USCIS) had been informed of possible fraud, they had to act on it. The irony here is that you could have completed the process legally with a relative substitution as sponsor.

--Ray B

Originally posted by nesfrank View Post
            one of the people I know called/wrote them a letter my father had died just to cause me issues.

- - - Updated - - -

I am in the us

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X