Adjustment of status/EAD/Advance parole/SSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjustment of status/EAD/Advance parole/SSN

I have a pending case of adjustment of status at USCIS Chicago Lockbox. I had my biometrics last week.

1. Can someone know how long it takes to get the EAD and the green card? (filed my forms in december 2016). I don't know on what month they are working now, they said they were behind but I don't know for sure how much.

2. Does someone know what month they are working on advance parole and if it is an emergency to leave the country how can I get the advance parole faster?

3. I know that on the SSN website they say you don't need a social security number for the medical insurance and they said the same thing on the phone. My husbund has to put me on his medical insurance because I need to go at the doctor and in his form from work he has to complete a SSN for me, which I don't have.

Can someone please tell me something about this things.

Thank you!

1. EAD and Advance Parole usually come within 90 days of applying.

2. If there is an emergency you could make an InfoPass appointment to go into the local USCIS office and ask for Emergency Advance Parole.

3. Just put something like "does not have SSN" on the form and see what happens.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

I came to United States on F1 visa. My wife is Green Card Holder and she filed I-130 in October, 2015 which got Approved in March, 2016. I filed for AOS, I-765 and I-131 in October,2016. I-765 got approved in Jan, 20017 and Figner Print done in November, 2016. I-131 and I-485 is still pending. Now, my question is my EAD has been approved so do i have to continue my F1 Student Visa status or is it okay if i drop my school and continue full time working? i am still waiting for my Interview call. Pleae help me out because i am getting mixed review about this situation. My primary lawyer suggested that i must have to maintain my F1 visa status until i get Interview letter while there are some online forms which says in this situation it is not necessary to maintain F1 status.
      Thank You.

Comment

Firstly, why would you drop your schooling if that is why you were here in the first place? I would follow what your lawyer says and keep your F1 status and continue going to school like you intended on it.
        Marriage-based AOS- CHICAGO Concurrent filing
        08/26/2015 - Priority Date
        09/21/2015 - Biometrics Scheduled/Completed
        01/07/2016 - Interview Chicago Field Office
        03/27/2018 - Notice of Intent to Deny
        04/13/2018 - Submitted Rebuttal to NOID
        06/00/2018 - Received Approved I-130
        06/00/2018 - RFE received for updated Medical Exam
        06/12/2018 - Submitted updated Medical Exam
        07/02/2018 - Received Approval for I485
        07/06/2018 - Received Green Card in Mail

Comment

If you were here for schooling, you would be better off finishing it right. However, since you have your EAD you can work full time. Also, since your I485 has been filed and is being processed, being out of status is not a problem (since you have been inspected and admitted legally).
          Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X