Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling while New OCI is in process

Hi,

My kid and wife are travelling to India for an emergency.
    My Kid is a US Citizen and his New OCI is currently in progress (NOT from PIO-->OCI) We may not get the OCI before he travels in January.

I will be joining my Family in India in April and should be able to carry my Kid's OCI card with me.

My question is,

1. Can my Kid travel on a VISA on Arrival (which seems to be fairly simple and much faster than Entry VISA) to India,
    and continue to stay in the country till I get the OCI card to him when I go back.

2. Should I be worried about VISA on Arrival document verification during his return (like dates or any other stamping) after I get him his OCI card to India.

Any kind of response is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mayur

Originally posted by mayurjingo1 View Post
    Hi,

My Kid is a US Citizen and his New OCI is currently in progress (NOT from PIO-->OCI) We may not get the OCI before he travels in January.

I will be joining my Family in India in April and should be able to carry my Kid's OCI card with me.

My question is,

1. Can my Kid travel on a VISA on Arrival (which seems to be fairly simple and much faster than Entry VISA) to India,
    and continue to stay in the country till I get the OCI card to him when I go back.

2. Should I be worried about VISA on Arrival document verification during his return (like dates or any other stamping) after I get him his OCI card to India.

Thanks,
    Mayur
    1. your kid will have no issue to travel with e-visa, not visa arrival, you still have to travel with granted e-visain 72 hours to apply.
    2. your kid will need to exit I dian custom and re-enter use his OCI card.

Comment

My very recent personal experience will help.

Hi,

My question is,

Thanks,
      Mayur
      On December 24, 2016 my wife and I, along with our two children (both children have their renewed US passports, and old (original) OCI cards that we never got reissued/renewed), landed at the Ahmedabad international airport. To my pleasant surprise, we had absolutely no trouble passing through the immigration process despite defying the OCI reissue rule outright! So much so, that the immigration officers did not even ask for my children's old passports that have the U Visa stickers on them - let alone any question on why we did not get the children's OCI cards reissued after when the US passports were renewed! All we had to present was our current passports and original OCI cards!

What does this tell me! This tells me that the OCI reissue requirement posted on the Indian consulate websites and CKGS website is absolutely bogus and meaningless when it comes to its execution at the immigration check points at the international airports in India. I think that nobody at the immigration check points even know about it or care about it.

However, before they start imposing this requirement at the immigration check points at Indian international airports, they should better have made the OCI reissue process absolutely simple, reliable and quick.

Comment

Mayur, any insight on this thread ? Please share..

Mayur,

Did you get any insight into this question so far. I am exactly in same situation. Would appreciate the insight.

Regards
        Sumeet

Hi,

My question is,

Thanks,
        Mayur

Comment

Mayur, what did you end up doing?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X