221g because of I-20 s number mismatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g because of I-20 s number mismatch

I had my visa appointment for H1-B on 27 Dec 2016 in the Hyderabad Consulate. This is what happened during the interview. VO is visa officer

VO- So, you went to school in the US?
    Me- Yes, I went to YYYY University
    VO officer-Have you ever been out of status while in the US?
    Me- No
    VO -Have you ever changed Universities in the US
    Me- No
    VO- So did you do CPT ?
    Me- Yes, I did CPT , worked for xxx company , then moved to OPT after graduation, then moved to H1
    VO- Where do you work now?
    Me- I work in Austin, Texas
    VO- How much do you make?
    Me- YYYY X p.a
    VO- Total number of I-20 s you received from your University?
    Me- Not sure but I can check. I have all the I 20s here with me right now
    VO- No, thats all right. There is no problem with your visa but we need to verify the number of I-20s . Gives me white 221g slip with a case number written on it.

I checked with the international office of my University in the U.S and was told that I have eight I-20 s on file but in the H1-B application I submitted only four. I did not have all eight. This might be the reason why my case went for 221g .

I emailed the consulate asking them if they need additional documentation from me and that I can send all the I-20 s I have from the University. Most probably I ll get the standard 'Your case is still undergoing processing ...' reply from the consulate.

Any ideas on how I can give all eight I-20s to the US embassy even if they did not request for any additional documents?

Originally posted by madhav175 View Post
    Any ideas on how I can give all eight I-20s to the US embassy even if they did not request for any additional documents?
    Makes no sense to provide something they didn't ask for.
    You wait while 221g processes.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X