Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa approved but in Admin processing for more than 2 weeks

Hello,

My Wife and I appeared together for my H1B and her H4 visa interview 30 Jan 2016 in Mumbai. I was in US when my status changed from F1 to H1 in Oct 2016 and my wife's status changed to H4 from F2.

In the interview, I was asked the regular questions about my employment and masters degree and replied everything. However, the Visa officer asked my wife that how did she have a sevis record when she was in the US on F2 visa. We replied that SEVIS record is mentioned already in her I20. Next, the officer asked my wife if she worked or went to school while on F2. To this my wife replied no.

After this, the officer said our visas have been approved but my wife's visa would take 10 days to process. She kept both our passports.

I received my passport back within 2 days. It has been 18 days now and the status is still Administrative Processing and her passport is with the embassy.

Any idea as to whom should I approach in this case. Since my attorney filed both my H1 and my wife's H4, should I report this to them as well?

Any ideas anyone? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dekshu View Post
      Hello,

My Wife and I appeared together for my H1B and her H4 visa interview 30 Jan 2016 in Mumbai. I was in US when my status changed from F1 to H1 in Oct 2016 and my wife's status changed to H4 from F2.

In the interview, I was asked the regular questions about my employment and masters degree and replied everything. However, the Visa officer asked my wife that how did she have a sevis record when she was in the US on F2 visa. We replied that SEVIS record is mentioned already in her I20. Next, the officer asked my wife if she worked or went to school while on F2. To this my wife replied no.

After this, the officer said our visas have been approved but my wife's visa would take 10 days to process. She kept both our passports.

I received my passport back within 2 days. It has been 18 days now and the status is still Administrative Processing and her passport is with the embassy.

Any idea as to whom should I approach in this case. Since my attorney filed both my H1 and my wife's H4, should I report this to them as well?
      Hi @dekshu,
      Any updates?
      How long did it finally take for your wife's passport to be ready?

Comment

Outcome of your case

Hi,

I have the exact same situation as you described.

My H1 was approved but my wife's H4 is pending as the office was confused with her SEVIS record. She was on F2 prior to H4.

Could you please let me know the outcome of your case, and how long did it take for the approval? Thanks.

Originally posted by dekshu View Post
        Hello,

Comment

Originally posted by cg8440 View Post
          Hi,

I have the exact same situation as you described.

My H1 was approved but my wife's H4 is pending as the office was confused with her SEVIS record. She was on F2 prior to H4.

Could you please let me know the outcome of your case, and how long did it take for the approval? Thanks.
          When was your wife's visa interview? and in which consulate?
          My wife went for H4 stamping on 22nd November. its been 2 weeks, the status still shows "administrative processing".

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X