Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inviting friend to attend wedding ceremony in USA

Hello,

Currently I have been reading your website on immigration FAQs and they are pretty helpful. I have one question regarding the visitor's visa. My husband and I got legally married in USA and we would like to invite our close friend from India to visit us attending our marriage ceremony in May.

Can this be a strong point for my friend getting a visitor's visa for USA?

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Thank you-

Originally posted by amchatte View Post
    Hello,

Currently I have been reading your website on immigration FAQs and they are pretty helpful. I have one question regarding the visitor's visa. My husband and I got legally married in USA and we would like to invite our close friend from India to visit us attending our marriage ceremony in May.

Thank you-
    A tourist visa issuance is based on visitor's ties to the country and nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by amchatte View Post
      Hello,

Thank you-
      If I were you, I'd be careful with the wording. Since you're already married, the May ceremony would be a celebration (I wouldn't refer to it as a marriage ceremony).
      As to your question.. Visa officers are more interested in an applicant's ties to their country. Your friend can apply and find out if they could justify ample ties to India.

Comment

tourist visa, that's it

Comment

Hi, as a person who travels often, I can tell you that you need a tourist visa. But there is another option, your friend can write you an invitation. With this invitation, you can fly to another country. But there are many problems and questions with this document, so it is better to make a tourist visa for a week and quietly fly to the wedding. I am engaged in installing lights at various events, including weddings, so I often travel because our agency works in Europe and in the United States. And the process of making documents is quite long, so hurry up.

Last edited by Emmasterm; 05-27-2021, 07:42 AM.

Comment

My wedding is in couple of months only and still so many things need to be done: wedding dress needs to be found , all the invitation for people from other countries have to be arranged.
            No idea how to manage everything on time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X