where to hire lawyer - Canadian buys business in the US for E2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to hire lawyer - Canadian buys business in the US for E2

Hi, I'm in Vancouver, and plan to purchase a small business in Houston.

Questions: where should I get a lawyer/attorney for the business transaction? Vancouver or Dallas?

I will likely apply for E2 myself at Vancouver consulate, and still check if worth to use a lawyer for the visa too. I'm not sure if there are lawyers can do both E2 and business transaction. If yes, where should I hire one, Vancouver or Dallas?

Thanks!

Where to hire an attorney

Originally posted by livingssky View Post

Questions: where should I get a lawyer/attorney for the business transaction? Vancouver or Dallas?

I will likely apply for E2 myself at Vancouver consulate, and still check if worth to use a lawyer for the visa too. I'm not sure if there are lawyers can do both E2 and business transaction. If yes, where should I hire one, Vancouver or Dallas?

Thanks!
    You probably need to hire two lawyers. I would hire local counsel in Texas to handle your purchase of the business and an immigration attorney. The immigration attorney can be anywhere in the US since it is Federal Law but often transaction lawyers in an area may work with an immigration lawyer or can suggest someone to assist you in their area.

Comment

Lawyer for e2?

Did you find guidance onthe E2 PROCESS?

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks!
        Hi there.
        You can get a business lawyer who is familiar with contracting and who can review documents established by the seller. You should obtain 3 years of tax returns from the previous owner as well as an audited financial statement for the past 12 months. Make sure the business has some employees who will stay on if that is the case. E2 Visa requirements are applied strickly at Consulate in Canada which have specific guidance. A 5 years business plan demonstrating the ability of the business to be successful financially and hire employees is also necessary. I m located in Nevada but able to work with clients country wide. You can contact me if you wish for further details.
        Cheers !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X