Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delay in getting passport after B1 visa approval.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delay in getting passport after B1 visa approval.

I attended the B1 Visa Interview on 17.01.2017 at US consulate office-Chennai and Consulate Officer has retained my passport saying that my B1 visa is approved.

Until now my passport tracking status shows "Your passport is with US Consulate/Embassy" and my Visa application status shows "Administrative processing" last updated on 17.01.2017 (Interview date)., It has been 4 business days from the date of my interview.

Are there are like similar situations...bit worried..as one of my colleague had attended the B1 Visa interview on Dec 28th 2016 and got the passport the next day....

Do not want to scare you, but honestly "Administrative Processing" can take any time between 4 Weeks to 1 year or more, depending upon the issue/problem. If this your 1st time visa, hopefully you will get it in less than 4 weeks. I submitted my visa for renewal and was stuck in Administrative Processing for 20 days. Administrative processing is only delay, not the refusal. So sit back and relax since consular has already mentioned that visa has been approved.

Hope this helps. For more information, feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X