Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India while applied for J1 visa waiver

Hi All,

I have a query related to J1 Visa Waiver. I am in Stage III of J1 visa waiver. I have sent my application to US Department of State and my status shows that they have recieved all of my documents and case is Pending.

My visa is valid for another one year. My question is if I can travel to India due to personal emergency if my case is still pending and before issue of J1 visa waiver.

Please let me know if going out of USA can cause problem to my J1 visa waiver application.

I really appreciate your help in this concern. I will be highly obliged.

Thanks and Regards

Urgent help need

I am working as a post doctoral researcher.

I am on J1 visa which was subjected to 2 year home residency requirement. I got the waiver for this requirement. Before applying for the waiver, I extended my DS2019. After the waiver I also filled I-485 which is currently pending.

Since I already have the J1 waiver and filled the I-485, I know I cant extend my current postdoc contract beyond the expiration date of the current DS-2019 form.

But is it ok to extend my current postdoc contract with the university (expiring next week) within the expiration date of the current DS-2019 form (valid till Nov., 2017).

My DS2019 is valid till November, 2017 and my J1-Visa stamped in the passport valid just one more week (31st January, 2016). I would greatly appreciate your response. Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X