Applying for a Citizenship with 460 days out of the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for a Citizenship with 460 days out of the USA

Hi I am willing to apply for citizenship. I am a permanent resident since oct 2007, however for the last 5 years I have been traveling a lot and was out of the USA for 460 days. Will that be a problem, may my application be denied? The USA is country of my permanent residency and I have been paying taxes every year. Please advice. Thank you very much

I think if your didn't exceed the 180 days in a single trip and there is a correct period between your trips (let's say 1 year between every trip) it shouldn't be a problem (just an opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by GilbertC View Post
      Hi I am willing to apply for citizenship. I am a permanent resident since oct 2007, however for the last 5 years I have been traveling a lot and was out of the USA for 460 days. Will that be a problem, may my application be denied? The USA is country of my permanent residency and I have been paying taxes every year. Please advice. Thank you very much

Hi Gilbert,

I am in an very similar situation and I travelled for 461 days too. Have you consulted a lawyer? Are there any updates? I am speaking to a lawyer soon and will share my experience.

Thanks,
      Sam

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X