What if I am not longer with the employer that sponsored my I140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if I am not longer with the employer that sponsored my I140

I am in USA on H1B with an approved I140/EB2 with priority date somewhere in Aug, 2010. The approved I140 is more that 180 days old. I have my current H1B approved (9th year extension based on approved 14o) till January 2019 from employer A (the same employer who filed my I140). My country of birth is India.

Now a few years back I also filed for Canadian PR and got approved. I have to move to Canada by Aug, 2017 in order to meet the Canadian PR obligation (2 years out of 5 years). I plan to move to Canada as I am not sure how long will it take to get my priority date current (given that the demands for EB2 India has gone up dramatically in last 2 years).

Now if I take a transfer to my employer's Canadian office and my employer agrees to change my I140 from AOS to CP, then I think I can appear for the interview at Canadian consulate when my priority date becomes current. Is that true ?
    Now what will happen in case I leave my employer in Canada and join a new employer. And then my priority date becomes current. As I will no longer be with my sponsor employer, so I don't think I can use the CP option. Will that revoke my I140 and the current priority date that I have ? If yes, does it mean that in future if I ever choose to come back to USA, I have to get a new priority date and new I140 ?

Also, any idea on what approximate time does it take to change from AOS to CP and then getting a call fro the immigrant visa interview at the consulate ? What if the date becomes current and then retrogressed by the time this entire process takes place ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X