DV Lottery under Pres. Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DV Lottery under Pres. Trump

Good Evening from Germany... I don't wanna talk about Trumps personal appearance or how he looks or if he is racist or whatever nor about his general politics and views... that's another topic.
    I think especially for the US economics he could in fact really do a good job. But as I said thats not the topic here... there is ONE concern. While I think it is right to prevent ILLEGAL immigration of criminals like drug dealers, murderers, rapists, terrorists etc. the DV Lottery seems to be the only real chance for me to enter the US and it's a good thing. You can only enter with at least having a training & employment or high school degree. Those are LEGAL immigrants who are willing to work and wanna build a life in freedom in the US.
    But now I read this:

WASHINGTON – The President-elect of the US Donald Trump has said his administration would put an end to the long-existing Diversity Visa (DV) lottery program.

“No more visa Lottery and this year’s marks the end of the program.” – Trump told BBCl’s Raymond Arthur.
    According to Trump, this is one of the many steps he would be taking to fulfill his campaign promises regarding immigration.
    The annual DV program made immigrant visas available to persons meeting simple, but strict, eligibility requirements. A computer-generated, random lottery drawing chooses selectees for visa
    interviews.

The Diversity Visa Program required the principal applicant to have a high school education, or its equivalent, or two years of qualifying work experience as defined under provisions of
    US. law.
    According to statistics, millions of families have immigrated to the US through this program and Donald Trump says “America cannot house the world”.

Now my question is... is it even possible for him to just cancel it? And will he actually do it or is it more like Obamas "Closing Guantanamo", "helping with Racism", "Moving our Troops back to the US out of middle-east" and so on...?
    What are your thoughts on this???

Originally posted by Danny Winchester View Post
    Good Evening from Germany... I don't wanna talk about Trumps personal appearance or how he looks or if he is racist or whatever nor about his general politics and views... that's another topic.
    I think especially for the US economics he could in fact really do a good job. But as I said thats not the topic here... there is ONE concern. While I think it is right to prevent ILLEGAL immigration of criminals like drug dealers, murderers, rapists, terrorists etc. the DV Lottery seems to be the only real chance for me to enter the US and it's a good thing. You can only enter with at least having a training & employment or high school degree. Those are LEGAL immigrants who are willing to work and wanna build a life in freedom in the US.
    But now I read this:

WASHINGTON – The President-elect of the US Donald Trump has said his administration would put an end to the long-existing Diversity Visa (DV) lottery program.

“No more visa Lottery and this year’s marks the end of the program.” – Trump told BBCl’s Raymond Arthur.
    According to Trump, this is one of the many steps he would be taking to fulfill his campaign promises regarding immigration.
    The annual DV program made immigrant visas available to persons meeting simple, but strict, eligibility requirements. A computer-generated, random lottery drawing chooses selectees for visa
    interviews.

The Diversity Visa Program required the principal applicant to have a high school education, or its equivalent, or two years of qualifying work experience as defined under provisions of
    US. law.
    According to statistics, millions of families have immigrated to the US through this program and Donald Trump says “America cannot house the world”.

Now my question is... is it even possible for him to just cancel it? And will he actually do it or is it more like Obamas "Closing Guantanamo", "helping with Racism", "Moving our Troops back to the US out of middle-east" and so on...?
    What are your thoughts on this???
    It is assumed that the DV would go in any Immigration Reform, Trump is in charge of the executive so I suppose he could. I have seen no mention of what he will do, assume cancelling DACA would be first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X