Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for ITIN

Dear All,

I have been in US since 2011 and currently on OPT working for a company. My wife is currently on F2 and I have a son who is a citizen. This year I pass the substantial presence test and I would like to file jointly with my wife and show my son as dependent. As a citizen my son has a SSN, but my wife does not have an SSN nor an ITIN as we always file as non resident till this year. I have some confusions about how to fill the W7 and what forms to take with me. Any help is appreciated.

1) Do I need a foreign adress or only only country of residence is fine for her as we dont keep one since we moved?

2) Do I need to fill 6c about the US visa (which is no problem but I want to make sure)?

3) Do I need to fill 6g if so what should I write my company or my school?

4) For 6d do I need to write her last entrance or first

5) For the reason section e was more reasonable to check but our school website , says that Under “Reason you are submitting Form W-7“, our IRS liaison with ITIN Operations has indicated you should check both fNonresident Alien Student and hOther.
    Write on Line h that you are to be claimed as a dependent on your spouse’s (or parent’s) tax return. This confused me.

I have appointment in a TAC office. As for the documents, I will definitely bring my wife's passport, but do they need me to bring copies of certain pages or do they take copies? Apart from that do we need a denial letter from SS Office that my wife is not eligible for SSN? Do I need to attach her I20 and I94 (mine as well)? Anything else that I need to take into account?

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X