Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent -My mother visiting me in Georgia while her sponsor is my sister in California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent -My mother visiting me in Georgia while her sponsor is my sister in California

Hello,

Please clarify what my husband would need to send to my mother. I am currently on h4 so my husband will be sending employment related documents if needed.
    My mother has B2 visa for 10 years and her original sponsor is my sister. My mother visited my sister in California a few times before but now it will be the first time she is visiting me (not a sponsor).

My husband bought round trip ticket and insurance for 6 months. Also we gave her our address/phone# copy and a invitation letter (I got from online).
    The invitation letter is for requesting a 6 month entry and showing planned tours along with my husband's employment verification letter, paystubs, W2 (2016).
    We also mentioned in the letter that she would be staying with us all the time and we need to travel with her for all tours due to her age and language.

Please let me know if she will need to carry any other documents for the port of entry to show immigration officers especially due to visiting sponsor vs non-sponsor.

If anyone knows the answer and viewing this, please respond at the earliest. She is travelling on Jan 30.

You do not sponsor a Tourist Visa, sponsorship is for immigrant visa's.

Comment

Originally posted by k4kiranin View Post
      Hello,

Please clarify what my husband would need to send to my mother. I am currently on h4 so my husband will be sending employment related documents if needed.
      My mother has B2 visa for 10 years and her original sponsor is my sister. My mother visited my sister in California a few times before but now it will be the first time she is visiting me (not a sponsor).

My husband bought round trip ticket and insurance for 6 months. Also we gave her our address/phone# copy and a invitation letter (I got from online).
      The invitation letter is for requesting a 6 month entry and showing planned tours along with my husband's employment verification letter, paystubs, W2 (2016).
      We also mentioned in the letter that she would be staying with us all the time and we need to travel with her for all tours due to her age and language.

Please let me know if she will need to carry any other documents for the port of entry to show immigration officers especially due to visiting sponsor vs non-sponsor.

If anyone knows the answer and viewing this, please respond at the earliest. She is travelling on Jan 30.
      She has a 10 year multiple entry B2 visa, she is not applying for one. She doesn't need anything to come here and visit. Not an invitation letter or any other documents. She could come here and never even visit you or your sister and that would be fine as well. She would just state her purpose for visit (visiting family) and that she would like to stay for 6 months (the maximum allowable) to the POE officer. He will decide what dates to issue and that's it.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity71 View Post
        She has a 10 year multiple entry B2 visa, she is not applying for one. She doesn't need anything to come here and visit. Not an invitation letter or any other documents. She could come here and never even visit you or your sister and that would be fine as well. She would just state her purpose for visit (visiting family) and that she would like to stay for 6 months (the maximum allowable) to the POE officer. He will decide what dates to issue and that's it.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71
        Thank you so very much for your timely reply. I will then just ask her to say she is visiting us.
        The reason I asked about documents is that she is totally dependent on me or my sis and doesn't have funds to support herself during the trip.
        I understand that she already has the visa but I was still confused whether she could say 'we will be taking care of her expenses or should mention my sister's name'? (only if asked by immigration officer though).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X