Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valid Date of F1 visa on Approval Notice different from COS effective date of I539

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid Date of F1 visa on Approval Notice different from COS effective date of I539

Hi, I recently was approved a change of status from F2 to F1 but the effective date I wrote on the I-539, 9/7/2016, is different from the valid date of the F1, 1/19/2017, mentioned in the approval notice I-797A. If the date would have been the one in the I-539 I would be eligible for CPT on summer 2017 but because this date is different my advisor says that I am eligible for CPT on my last semester of my graduate studies, on spring 2018 (two year degree started on fall 2016 until spring 2018). Is it possible to modify this date to the date requested on the I-539? If yes, what should I do. I was planning to apply for CPT on summer 2017.

cos processing time

Originally posted by simonfelce84 View Post
    Hi, I recently was approved a change of status from F2 to F1 but the effective date I wrote on the I-539, 9/7/2016, is different from the valid date of the F1, 1/19/2017, mentioned in the approval notice I-797A. If the date would have been the one in the I-539 I would be eligible for CPT on summer 2017 but because this date is different my advisor says that I am eligible for CPT on my last semester of my graduate studies, on spring 2018 (two year degree started on fall 2016 until spring 2018). Is it possible to modify this date to the date requested on the I-539? If yes, what should I do. I was planning to apply for CPT on summer 2017.

Hi, i would like to know when you submitted cos? Can you join spring semester? I am also waiting for approval. thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X