Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent clarification required on validity of H1B status

Hi,

I am working with a company on a H1B visa. I needed to go back to India for a short term and requested a sabbatical from my employer for the same. My employer has approved my request. I want to will be working with my employer till the end of January for which I will receive my pay check on 20th February due to the company's payroll processing schedule.

My question is from what day will I be considered out of status by USCIS? Will it be my last working day (31st January) or will it be the day my payroll is processed and I receive my pay check (20th February)?

Thanks

Originally posted by Annie12 View Post
    Hi,

I am working with a company on a H1B visa. I needed to go back to India for a short term and requested a sabbatical from my employer for the same. My employer has approved my request. I want to will be working with my employer till the end of January for which I will receive my pay check on 20th February due to the company's payroll processing schedule.

My question is from what day will I be considered out of status by USCIS? Will it be my last working day (31st January) or will it be the day my payroll is processed and I receive my pay check (20th February)?

Thanks
    Till the last working date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

It will be 60 days after your last working day (assuming your I-94 doesn't expire sooner), according to rules that recently went into effect.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        It will be 60 days after your last working day (assuming your I-94 doesn't expire sooner), according to rules that recently went into effect.
        I was laid off as of January 4. Do you know if this rule will be applicable to my case?

Comment

Originally posted by Elena Boyarkina View Post
          I was laid off as of January 4. Do you know if this rule will be applicable to my case?
          No it took effect January 17, 2017.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X