Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Use Schengen visa (Business) for tourism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use Schengen visa (Business) for tourism?

I am an Indian national and a Permanent Resident (Green Card) of USA. I will be traveling to Germany on Business in March, 2017 and am about to get a Schengen Visa for Business purposes. Meanwhile, I have an opportunity to visit Denmark as a personal visit in Feb.

Can I used the Schengen visa obtained from the German consulate to visit Denmark? I am a little concerned because I will be visiting Denmark (and returning to USA) before I travel to Germany.

I appreciate any help and pointers. I am confused!

Originally posted by K_Gopalakrishna View Post
    I am an Indian national and a Permanent Resident (Green Card) of USA. I will be traveling to Germany on Business in March, 2017 and am about to get a Schengen Visa for Business purposes. Meanwhile, I have an opportunity to visit Denmark as a personal visit in Feb.

Can I used the Schengen visa obtained from the German consulate to visit Denmark? I am a little concerned because I will be visiting Denmark (and returning to USA) before I travel to Germany.

I appreciate any help and pointers. I am confused!
    Last year I had a Schengen visa from Spain issued with a 1 year validity and 90 day stay limit. I used it to travel to Spain once. Post that i have entered Germany 2 times , Denmark, Sweden with the same visa.

Schengen visas usually have a C-visitor category for both Tourist and Business so I am not sure about your exact case. I would call the Denmark embassy once you have the German schengen visa approved on your passport and ask if you can travel on the same visa which they will mostly say yes. But make sure to have your agenda, proof of funds and bookings if you end up going to Denmark as the immigration people will ask.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X