Has Dropbox facility been discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even Attorneys are not having clarity

They say that EO says Visa interview Waiver Program is suspended, but the website still accepts Dropbox. People are not able to schedule an interview.

Somebody who went to do dropbox must confirm what is going on.

Comment

Dropbox is still available

Guys - I checked with my Mobility team and my team mate is going tomorrow for the drop box. Nothing has been cancelled....

Comment

Dropbox still available as of Feb-01-2017 at least at Hyderabad location

I was able to get the confirmation today for H1 visa renewal for Hyderabad location

Thank you

Comment

Congratulations!

Originally posted by getimmhelp View Post
          I was able to get the confirmation today for H1 visa renewal for Hyderabad location

Thank you

Congratulation brother/sister!

Could you please shed some light?

Did you go for personal interview or a dropbox? What dates?

Comment

Originally posted by getimmhelp View Post

Thank you
            Did you drop off your documents ?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Anoop Joy View Post
            Hi all... I landed in Mumbai on 29th Jan for a 3 week vacation and I will be doing H1 restamping in this trip. I planned my trip keeping the H1b Dropbox in mind. Was really worried about Dropbox facility getting revoked because of EO. But anyway the ustraveldocs website didn't get updated yet. So I got my dropbox confirmation letter last evening. I went to Mumbai dropbox location today and submitted my documents.

I asked the person who collected my documents about the EO. She said that "dropbox is still there for H1". I was a little confused as the EO clearly said otherwise. But anyways I didn't have an option other than submitting my documents. She told me the processing may take up to 4 working daysp. So, hoping for the best!

Did you receive an update on your Stamping? Did the status change?

Comment

Hi all... I landed in Mumbai on 29th Jan for a 3 week vacation and I will be doing H1 restamping in this trip. I planned my trip keeping the H1b Dropbox in mind. Was really worried about Dropbox facility getting revoked because of EO. But anyway the ustraveldocs website didn't get updated yet. So I got my dropbox confirmation letter last evening. I went to Mumbai dropbox location today and submitted my documents.

I asked the person who collected my documents about the EO. She said that "dropbox is still there for H1". I was a little confused as the EO clearly said otherwise. But anyways I didn't have an option other than submitting my documents. She told me the processing may take up to 4 working daysp. So, hoping for the best!
              Good luck Anoop, hope you get your stamped visa asap. A lot of us are in the same situation. Please keep us updated, it will be of great help.

Comment

Great.

Originally posted by Nile_ View Post
                Congratulation brother/sister!

Could you please shed some light?

Did you go for personal interview or a dropbox? What dates?
                i too have the confirmation letter. And i am planning to drop off the documents on 3rd week of Feb.
                Really concerned how will this span out.

Comment

Thanks for your post. Keep us updated. Much appreciated.

Thanks for posting this here. Do let us know how things proceed. I agree with your thoughts and some of the other members here that visa processing should go on as usual for H1-B candidates from India. I have my dropbox confirmation letter and am planning to be at the consulate later this month. I am presently in the US and am wondering if I should travel out at this time. Not too worried; but the uncertainty of the matter is a little disconcerting.

Comment

Originally posted by vpai View Post
                    Thanks for posting this here. Do let us know how things proceed. I agree with your thoughts and some of the other members here that visa processing should go on as usual for H1-B candidates from India. I have my dropbox confirmation letter and am planning to be at the consulate later this month. I am presently in the US and am wondering if I should travel out at this time. Not too worried; but the uncertainty of the matter is a little disconcerting.
                    I will be in the same boat. Hoping to drop box on the 2nd week of Feb in Mumbai. Not sure if should not travel. Hope the drop box is intact.

Comment

what does the vfs office say about the drop box continuity

Really confusing scenario here- the EO is very clear in stating that Visa interview program a.k.a drop box is cancelled. It isn't clear whether it is prospective or retrospective - are people who have the drop box confirmation would be allowed to use that facility?

The USdocs ( cgifederal ) website still doesn't give the option to change the drop box to interview. I am planning to visit in drop box on 20th feb in Bangalore ( India ) ( Currently am in US )

Feel really confused now. Has anyone here tried getting the drop box changed to interview in the website . ( I have already paid and got the confirmation letter as well ) .

Please suggest.
                      Thanks,

Comment

Drop box

I am supposed to drop my passport on Feb 10th in Pune. My wife is suffering from an illness and i need to get her checked in India again. I cannot miss this trip and i have decided to go ahead(worst to worst , i will go for in person interview). What are my chances? Has anyone dropped their passport and got it successfully after the EO is signed?

Thanks
                        AM

Comment

Spoke with usconsulate support desk in India

If it helps anyone, I just spoke with the support desk. Here is what they said:

1) As of now, ( 2nd Feb in India ), the Dropbox service is still valid. You can go today.
                          2) They haven't received any official confirmation to suspend this. They are not sure if and when they might receive one.
                          3) They asked to me keep checking the ustraveldocs website and they would update as and when they get the order.
                          4) For people eligible for drop box are NOT permissioned to personal interview as of now.

In all nothing useful came in . But, if someone is going to Dropbox today, they make surely do so.. Good luck folks

Comment

received email from my employer's visa cell.9 more countries to be added in barred country list and people going for dropbox are likely to get email to schedule appointment,not confirmed though

Comment

Surprising

Originally posted by jai007.1984 View Post
                              received email from my employer's visa cell.9 more countries to be added in barred country list and people going for dropbox are likely to get email to schedule appointment,not confirmed though
                              This is surprising. havent heard any such thing in news at all (regarding 9 more countires).who is your employer?

Comment

Has Dropbox facility been discontinued?

Originally posted by sandip_js View Post
                                If it helps anyone, I just spoke with the support desk. Here is what they said:

1) As of now, ( 2nd Feb in India ), the Dropbox service is still valid. You can go today.
                                2) They haven't received any official confirmation to suspend this. They are not sure if and when they might receive one.
                                3) They asked to me keep checking the ustraveldocs website and they would update as and when they get the order.
                                4) For people eligible for drop box are NOT permissioned to personal interview as of now.

In all nothing useful came in . But, if someone is going to Dropbox today, they make surely do so.. Good luck folks
                                I have called multiple times too and have got the same answer. I am going to Delhi dropbox location on 13th Feb, unless something changes. I think the rumors are making it worse than it is, at least for Indians. My attorney here keeps insisting that try and have an in-person interview but how to do that when you can't schedule a date!

Call these numbers for customer service for ustraveldocs.in
                                703-520-2239 (USA)
                                +91-120-4844644 (India)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X