No announcement yet.

Has Dropbox facility been discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Dropbox facility been discontinued?

Originally posted by tushar_23 View Post
    Hi All,

As per new executive order, I can see in section-9 it clearly mentioned that it will stop Visa Interview Waiver Program from march 16th. is this true? will drop box facility also going to be stop? I am planing travel to India in April and eligble for Dropbox stamping.dont know what to do now. below is section 9 from new executive order from 6th march 2017.

Sec. 9. Visa Interview Security. (a) The Secretary of State shall immediately suspend the Visa Interview Waiver Program and ensure compliance with section 222 of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1202, which requires that all individuals seeking a nonimmigrant visa undergo an in-person interview, subject to specific statutory exceptions. This suspension shall not apply to any foreign national traveling on a diplomatic or diplomatic-type visa, North Atlantic Treaty Organization visa, C-2 visa for travel to the United Nations, or G-1, G-2, G-3, or G-4 visa; traveling for purposes related to an international organization designated under the IOIA; or traveling for purposes of conducting meetings or business with the United States Government.

This clearly says comply with section 222 of the INA and section 222 of INA says following :-

222(h)(1)(B): Includes foreign nationals who are applying for a visa: “(i) not more than 12 months after the date on which such alien’s prior visa expired; (ii) for the visa classification for which such prior visa was issued; (iii) from the consular post located in the country of such alien’s usual residence, unless otherwise prescribed in regulations that require an applicant to apply for a visa in the country of which such applicant is a national; and (iv) the consular officer has no indication that such alien has not complied with the immigration laws and regulations of the United States.”

Hence h1b drop box facility still valid provided meet all of the above requirement. For more info please refer to below link. So please read the full details of order before spreading any panic.

Comment

• [QUOTE=hunterz;484156]This clearly says comply with section 222 of the INA and section 222 of INA says following :-

222(h)(1)(B): Includes foreign nationals who are applying for a visa: “(i) not more than 12 months after the date on which such alien’s prior visa expired; (ii) for the visa classification for which such prior visa was issued; (iii) from the consular post located in the country of such alien’s usual residence, unless otherwise prescribed in regulations that require an applicant to apply for a visa in the country of which such applicant is a national; and (iv) the consular officer has no indication that such alien has not complied with the immigration laws and regulations of the United States.”

Hence h1b drop box facility still valid provided meet all of the above requirement. For more info please refer to below link. So please read the full details of order before spreading any panic.

I also had question in my mind about section 222 as there was nothing mentioned about it, in executive order. I am sure that this information would be helpful for people like me who are visiting India in near future.

Comment

• H1/H4 Docs submitted at Delhi dropbox Mar 10

Submitted my docs today at Delhi dropbox without any issues.
        As everyone mentioned they are very particular about the pics, I saw couple of guys being sent back. Its safe to get them clicked at Nehru place only although it was very expensive.

Originally posted by VK26 View Post
        Hi Guys,

I am also planning to visit India and go for drop box stamping in Delhi on March 10th.

Initially I was planning to cancel my trip but this thread was really useful in making my decision to go ahead with the trip.

I will share the updates

Comment

• 221 g in Dropbox

Originally posted by Chamoli View Post
          'change of petitioner' rule is removed for dropbox eligibility in 2015. So even if you change your employer, you will be still available for drop box if you meet other eligibility criteria.
          Hello all

Sorry for a late update.

As I have previously stated, I went for dropbox on the 13th of February and it went fine. But on the 23rd, when the passport got back, it had the 221g (White Slip) attached to it, with a hand written "New Petition" instruction on it.

I rushed to New Delhi consulate the very next morning and appeared for an interview. The interview was a formality and my visa was approved. I have been working on my current I-797, in my current company for almost 2 years but my stamping (still valid) was of my previous employer. I guess (like someone previously on this thread) that was the confusion and so they issued me the 221g. There was no problem with the dropbox program I believe.

Anyways, it took another 4 days for my passport to come back and I had re-schedule my ticket. But now I am back and its all well.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks and Regards

PM

Comment

• Originally posted by pm87 View Post
            Hello all

Sorry for a late update.

As I have previously stated, I went for dropbox on the 13th of February and it went fine. But on the 23rd, when the passport got back, it had the 221g (White Slip) attached to it, with a hand written "New Petition" instruction on it.

I rushed to New Delhi consulate the very next morning and appeared for an interview. The interview was a formality and my visa was approved. I have been working on my current I-797, in my current company for almost 2 years but my stamping (still valid) was of my previous employer. I guess (like someone previously on this thread) that was the confusion and so they issued me the 221g. There was no problem with the dropbox program I believe.

Anyways, it took another 4 days for my passport to come back and I had re-schedule my ticket. But now I am back and its all well.

Good luck to everyone.

Thanks and Regards

PM
            Thanks For the update. I am on similar situation and planning to drop my document on coming Monday..

Comment

• Originally posted by Chamoli View Post
              Thanks For the update. I am on similar situation and planning to drop my document on coming Monday..

Please keep us posted.

Comment

• H1b and H4 drop box exp

Guys wanted to upload my exp.

H1b renewal - change in employer

15th March - dropped off papers at new delhi
                16th March - case created
                16th March - Administrative processing
                17th march - Issued
                20th march - ready for pickup

Comment

• H1b dropbox experience

13th March - dropped off papers at Bangalore Dropbox
                  14th March - VFS status : Your passport is being delivered to the consulate.
                  15th March - Passport received at Delhi Consulate. CEAC status : Admin processing. VFS status : Passport with Consulate
                  16th March - CEAC status : Admin processing. VFS status : Passport with Consulate
                  17th March - CEAC status : Issued. VFS status : Passport with Consulate
                  20th March - CEAC status : Issued. VFS status : Passport received from Consulate.
                  21th March - VFS status : Ready for pickup. Picked up my passport on 21st March.

Comment

• H1B and H4 Drop Box Experience at Mumbai Location

Hi All,
                    Just wanted to share my Drop Box experience.

H1B & H4 renewal - Change of Employer

20th March - Dropped off papers at Mumbai Location.
                    21st March - Your Passport is still with US embassy.
                    22nd March - Issued.
                    23rd march - Ready for pickup.

The entire process was easy and quick. Follow all instructions for photo specifications.
                    Best Luck.

Comment

• Visa correction

My experience may be helpful for many visitors,

1. I have submitted documents for dropbox on 24th Feb and got approved in a week.
                      2. There was a mistake in the visa , they have mentioned my old employers Petition no and name instead of new employer.( This is their mistake though)
                      3. I raised case with uscis and they asked to submit drop box again ( This took 3-4 days to get their reply).
                      4. I submitted my documents again and got approved in a week.

Dont get panic with the rumors and all are going smooth. People get affected only whom trying cheat or having issues in their papers.

Immigration and port of entries are very seamless, dont see any issues.

Comment

• you got your H4 visa?

Originally posted by Haritha Suresh View Post
                        Hi

I have one question we selected Dropbox for 3 persons. Now 2 persons are not comming from USA and I am (h4) going to drop my papers with ds160 the same which I used for 3 members. I am unable to cancle the premier person whose not attending. Is that ok without H1b candidate can I attend for drop box. Please help if any one knows. And one more is necessary that we have to show original I797 doc to Dropbox person?
                        @Haritha Suresh,

Have you got your H4 visa stamped with your Husband's H1B extension with out his presence ?

it will be great help if you could share your experience as I am in the same situation.

Comment

• Visa Got Stamped

Originally posted by edge1986 View Post
                          Please keep us posted.
                          First of all sorry for delay response.. Here is my experience H1 & H4 re-stamp- Change of Employer
                          1. Drop off documents on March 20th Wednesday
                          2. 23rd March received mail "Passport Ready for Pickup"
                          3. 24th March Passport collected with 221g white slip attached to it saying "Application suspended under 221G until below process is completed" and Checked marked against Interview. (no need to schedule appointment may come anytime before 10 AM). Kind of expecting the same.
                          4. 27th March went for interview. normal questioned asked. no document asked not even 797.
                          5. 28th March Application status changed to "Issued"
                          6. 29th March received mail "Passport Ready for Pickup" and I collect my passport same day with Stamped Visa.
                          7. 4th April Came back to USA. (POE also smooth. mine was Newark)

Best of Luck

Comment

• Dropbox at Chennai

My name is Sri. I thought to share my experience. The dropbox is still available in Chennai.

Went to Dropbox office in Chennai location on 17-4-2017 and they rejected my photo(it did not match the specification)
                            18-4-17 took new photo and went to dropbox office: Accepted the documents
                            19-4-17 Passport with US embassy
                            20-4-17 Visa issued
                            21-4-17 Collected my passport

Everything went smooth. So no worries. Flying back on Monday.

Comment

• Dropbox - mumbai - H1 & H4 stamped

Sharing my(FT with US company, second Dropbox with same employer) experience with Dropbox at Mumbai for H1& H4

1. Submitted in Mumbai on 3/20/17. Documents required were - Dropbox confirmation letter, Photos, copy of latest H1B extension and passports.
                              2. Visa approved on 3/29/17
                              3. Picked up on 4/6/17
                              4. Landed in Los Angeles on 4/22/17, no specific questions, were out in few minutes.

The whole process was quite smooth.

Comment

• H1B Dropbox stamping at Delhi

I would like to share my experience-

1. 3rd April- Passport submitted for Dropbox.
                                2. 7th April- Passport ready for pickup.
                                3. 10th April- Passport collected.
                                4. 24th April- Landed to US.

There was no issue at port of entry while immigration. Officer asked a few basic question related to visa and client. He also checked latest petition(mainly I-797).

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X