Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of Support requirements

Hello!

Me and my girlfriend want to get the K1 visa for me. We are unsure if we can meet the minimum income requirements for the I-134 and later the I-864.
    She, the american citizen, has not had a stable income in previous years. Shes only 21 so she have just had part time jobs so far, and hasnt made nearly enough to meet the minimum requirements in previous years.

However, she started a new job in the end of May last year working hours. Hours. Not full time. But she's been working 35-40 hours a week almost every week since then, apart from visiting me in my home country for a month in the winter. This means she has been working for ~5 months at this job in 2016, and for that she has earned $8,340. That's an average $1,668 per months - which would give roughly 20,000 in a 12 month period at that rate.
    Her employer will write a letter for us to take to the consulatw, stating that she is hired to continue working 38-40 hours a week (with a small raise coming up next May) and at that rate she will make ~21,000 a year. So we got that, plus she has about $15,000 saved up that we can show for as well. I also have a few bucks saved up that we could include as assets for the I-864 later on if needed.

What do you guys think? Would this be enough for us to get approved? We realize this doesnt show for much stability, but technically its enough for the 125% of the minimum poverty guideline for 2 people right..?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

// Rickard

Originally posted by rkarlsso View Post
    Hello!

Me and my girlfriend want to get the K1 visa for me. We are unsure if we can meet the minimum income requirements for the I-134 and later the I-864.
    She, the american citizen, has not had a stable income in previous years. Shes only 21 so she have just had part time jobs so far, and hasnt made nearly enough to meet the minimum requirements in previous years.

However, she started a new job in the end of May last year working hours. Hours. Not full time. But she's been working 35-40 hours a week almost every week since then, apart from visiting me in my home country for a month in the winter. This means she has been working for ~5 months at this job in 2016, and for that she has earned $8,340. That's an average $1,668 per months - which would give roughly 20,000 in a 12 month period at that rate.
    Her employer will write a letter for us to take to the consulatw, stating that she is hired to continue working 38-40 hours a week (with a small raise coming up next May) and at that rate she will make ~21,000 a year. So we got that, plus she has about $15,000 saved up that we can show for as well. I also have a few bucks saved up that we could include as assets for the I-864 later on if needed.

What do you guys think? Would this be enough for us to get approved? We realize this doesnt show for much stability, but technically its enough for the 125% of the minimum poverty guideline for 2 people right..?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

// Rickard
    I would search for a secondary sponsor to support you. As it is now you are close but have an extra sponsor might put over the top. Good luck?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X