Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Violation Dismissed & Drug Misdemeanor Disposed

Hello to all,

I had a case in 2011 where i was detained for a traffic violation of driving with an invalid license and misdemeanor possession of **** (less than 2 oz) and both cases where dismissed and disposed, respectively.
    Would I find any difficultites If i were to apply for a travel visa since both cases were settled through a not-guilty plea ?

Thank You

Depends, on what basis were you found not guilty?

At the very least, you'll have to practice explaining that to the consular officer

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
      Depends, on what basis were you found not guilty?

At the very least, you'll have to practice explaining that to the consular officer

It was a misunderstanding, the things found were not mine. The sheriff who arrested me even fell a little bad, my lawyer went to court and the judge accepted the explanation.

Comment

How did you get off on the invalid driving license charge?

You are not automatically precluded from being issued a visa.

However, based on a review of your record and the consular officers best judgement, you may have to overcome the presumption that you are in fact a stoner

Comment

Originally posted by inadmissible View Post
          How did you get off on the invalid driving license charge?

You are not automatically precluded from being issued a visa.

However, based on a review of your record and the consular officers best judgement, you may have to overcome the presumption that you are in fact a stoner

That's hardly the case, but i've accepted that i will be judged as such

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X