ESTA Application after B-2 visa denial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESTA Application after B-2 visa denial

Apologies for the long post in advance. My husband is a greencard holder and is currently working in US. I am living here with my 2 sons (9 year and 4 year old) in UK. My older son and I used to have Greencards, but because of us not visiting the US etc. our Greencards are considered to be now abandoned.
    My younger son never had a Greencard.
    We are British Citizens. In December 2016, we were going to US but my younger son, who was travelling on ESTA was refused to board the plane from London as he did not have a return ticket at that time. Our mistake ! We were then suggested to apply for his B-2 visa which we did the very next day as we wanted to spend Christmas with my husband in US. But we were denied the B-2 visa request as well as they said there was a high likelihood that we intended to immigrate.
    My husband has now applied for my sons' and my greencards again and they are in the processing phase now.
    My questions are:
    - What are the chances that if we apply for an ESTA to visit my husband in US again, it will get approved ? How much time gap should we allow before applying for an ESTA, specially in my younger son's case who has also had a B-2 visa denial back in December.
    My kids and I would love to visit my husband in July and August for the summer holidays.Is that something we should try or should we stay put in UK until the Greencard process finishes ?
    Please recommend ! My kids really miss their Dad. He keeps visiting us but I think it will be difficult for him to be with us for 2 months for the summer holidays.
    Thanks in advance.

Wow, sorry to hear that.
    I don't know about that, but was wondering, how long you haven't visited the US, till they abandoned your Greencard?
    Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X