Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT EAD misplaced by USPS & duplicated EAD delayed

Hi there!

I graduated few months ago and applied for my OPT soon after that. Unfortunately my EAD card was misplaced by the USPS delivery person. Upon couple of calls to USCIS, I came aware that my OPT was approved and was issued a start and end date.
    Upon an appointment with local USCIS center, I was given a written consent stating the cause of misplacement and my OPT details with start and end dates.

Here is my problem:
    1. Since, I do not have a physical EAD card, the SSN office denied my application. Even with the written consent from USCIS, they still needed a physical EAD card.

2. And as I do not have SSN, I’m forced to opt for an unpaid internship with my employer. Now the annoying part is, my (potential/future) employer is unwilling to provide me a Employer Memorandum of Understanding to support my internship with him without my SSN. And I need to inform my university with my employer details with in 90 days of my OPT approval.

3. When I requested USCIS to expedite my application for duplicate OPT, the “officer” captured my request incorrectly (wrote totally different context) and after a week my request was denied for a reason which I never knew. And now I cannot apply for 2nd expedite requite within 30days.

Any advices on how to solve this problem? Please help.

Thankyou

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X