No announcement yet.

i-130, 1-486 and its related questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-130, 1-486 and its related questions.

HI

I am a USA citizen and currently living aboard. My wife and I are thinking to stay in USA. I know the procedure of filing i-130, send in all the related documents, pay fees and waiting for screening. However, my question relates to the i-486.

I currently working aboard, filing my tax locally and to the USA. I do notice the USCIS require my 1040 for the past three years (which I have).

1st, Since I am currently working aboard and do not have the W-2. Do the USCIS require me to file at additional documents beside 1040?

2nd, any us citizen (living aboard) have problems during the whole procedure that they can share?

3rd, since I am living aboard now. Any vital info i should be careful on the i-864?

THanks.

CF:

The sponsorship requirement is for copy of most recent Federal income tax return, not last three years (the two earlier copies are optional and serve no purpose).

If your income tax return only reflects income earned outside the U.S., provide proof of the money received, whether the equivalent of W2's, 1099-MISC, and/or employer statements fo income.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Cf Leung View Post
    HI

I am a USA citizen and currently living aboard. My wife and I are thinking to stay in USA. I know the procedure of filing i-130, send in all the related documents, pay fees and waiting for screening. However, my question relates to the i-486.

I currently working aboard, filing my tax locally and to the USA. I do notice the USCIS require my 1040 for the past three years (which I have).

1st, Since I am currently working aboard and do not have the W-2. Do the USCIS require me to file at additional documents beside 1040?

2nd, any us citizen (living aboard) have problems during the whole procedure that they can share?

3rd, since I am living aboard now. Any vital info i should be careful on the i-864?

THanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      CF:

The sponsorship requirement is for copy of most recent Federal income tax return, not last three years (the two earlier copies are optional and serve no purpose).

If your income tax return only reflects income earned outside the U.S., provide proof of the money received, whether the equivalent of W2's, 1099-MISC, and/or employer statements fo income.

--Ray B
      ok, my another question arise

since i have enough assets in usa to sponsor my spouse. is it wise for me just use my asset to sponsor her?

Comment

You have to start with the most recent Federal income tax return and proof of employment/income. Asset value substitution for income deficit can then be applied, at a rate of asset value at 3 time the income deficit.

--Ray B

ok, my another question arise

since i have enough assets in usa to sponsor my spouse. is it wise for me just use my asset to sponsor her?

Comment

You have to start with the most recent Federal income tax return and proof of employment/income. Asset value substitution for income deficit can then be applied, at a rate of asset value at 3 time the income deficit.

--Ray B

my only concern is that since my income is earned aboard (no w2), uscis may nto consider my earned aboard income or may ask to send in more and more documents to verify those income... i really dont want to take into that step.

since my asset are inside USA..i m thinking to JUST use the asset to sponsor.

do u think this method is good?

Comment

Do it both ways. But if you substitute assets, they must be in available cash or liquid investments. Don't even consider real estate equity, cars, stamp collections or gold certificates.

Foreign earned income is not hard to document with documents the employer provides to his tax agency or if a U.S. company, with their W2 or 1099 forms.

--Ray B

my only concern is that since my income is earned aboard (no w2), uscis may nto consider my earned aboard income or may ask to send in more and more documents to verify those income... i really dont want to take into that step.

Comment

Beside the federal tax statement and the employers income proof... Do I need to provide other kinds of paperwork.

Comment

Beside the federal tax statement and the employers income proof... Do I need to provide other kinds of paperwork

Do it both ways. But if you substitute assets, they must be in available cash or liquid investments. Don't even consider real estate equity, cars, stamp collections or gold certificates.

Foreign earned income is not hard to document with documents the employer provides to his tax agency or if a U.S. company, with their W2 or 1099 forms.

--Ray B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X