Passport Suspended ..Came Back from Mumbai Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Suspended ..Came Back from Mumbai Airport

After finishing my vacation I was traveling to Cincinnati yesterday night (4th Feb). At Mumbai Airport (India), at immigration counter, I was told that my passport is suspended / impounded. I was waiting in immigration office for hour or so. I mentioned to them that my passport is renewed 3 years back ( Nov 2013) from New York. and I traveled with the same passport for 3 times including I came in India on 18th Jan this year. (3 weeks back). All they keep telling me is my passport is suspended and they can't let me go. Later they took my passport and gave me one letter attached below. I was told to contact ministry of external affairs (MEA), New Delhi. They will be sending passport to MEA. I am not sure what is issue yet. Immigration officer said most possible cause can be address verification. But that does not happen in USA anyways.

I have to start working from Monday and I can not travel. Any information will be appreciated. I will visiting local passport office on Monday but I don't know if they can help as New York Center issued passport.

Any court litigation pending? Any ongoing marriage/family related issues, like divorce, child custody, etc.?
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X