Applying OCI in India for a minor- Birth Certificate issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying OCI in India for a minor- Birth Certificate issue

Hello, My daughter is a US citizen and a minor. We got a Indian visa for our daughter when we moved back to India. Now we want to apply for OCI. The FRRO office in Chennai is asking for birth certificate to be authenticated(apostille). It has to be authenticated by the secretary of state in Washington( my daughter's birth state). How do I get birth certificate authenticated from here in India? The secretary of state in Washington requires a original NOTARIZED birth certificate to authenticate. And they seem to accept only mails from within US and no international mails. My concern is how to get notarization for my daughter's birth certificate? And how to send the documents required to US to get authenticated?

Originally posted by shopana1 View Post
    Hello, My daughter is a US citizen and a minor. We got a Indian visa for our daughter when we moved back to India. Now we want to apply for OCI. The FRRO office in Chennai is asking for birth certificate to be authenticated(apostille). It has to be authenticated by the secretary of state in Washington( my daughter's birth state). How do I get birth certificate authenticated from here in India? The secretary of state in Washington requires a original NOTARIZED birth certificate to authenticate. And they seem to accept only mails from within US and no international mails. My concern is how to get notarization for my daughter's birth certificate? And how to send the documents required to US to get authenticated?
    wonder what kind of Birth Certificate did you submit for your daughter? as I know the certified copy of Birth Certificate should be authentical enough. Or you only submit the copy, not the certified copy from the state/county.

Comment

Hi shopana1, I am in a similar situation as yours. Did you find a solution to apostille your baby's US birth certificate? Thank you.

Comment

sameissue

I have the same issue. Can anyone help?

Comment

I have no experience with getting this done from outside the USA, but you can perhaps try a service who will do it for you, for a fee. It may be best to research a company before you pay anything.

Here is a link to one such company which I found in a Google search:
          Last edited by Antonise; 06-27-2017, 10:58 AM. Reason: banned website
          Not legal advice.

Comment

Try contacting friends/relatives in US

Not sure about the state of Washington, but here in California, you can get as many original copies as you need from the county office for a fee. My recommendation will be to ask a friend/family member who is in the US, to go to the county office and ask for originals (you might have to write a letter to the county clerk giving them permission to release these documents to your friend/family member) then they can mail it to you in India.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X