Blanket L1 visa valid but PED expirs early

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blanket L1 visa valid but PED expirs early

I am currently working in US on a blanket L1 visa which expires in 2018, but PED (petition expiry date) is 07/09/2017. My employer will be renewing the blanket petition. Once the company's petition is renewed, is it mandatory to go back to my country and get a new L1 stamp?
    Last edited by ajay_whiz; 02-07-2017, 10:05 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Originally posted by ajay_whiz View Post
    I am currently working in US on a blanket L1 visa which expires in 2018, but PED (petition expiry date) is 07/09/2017. My employer will be renewing the blanket petition. Once the company's petition is renewed, is it mandatory to go back to my country and get a new L1 stamp?
    What's the date on your I129S?

Comment

Originally posted by ajay_whiz View Post
      As long as you have a valid visa (till 2018), you can freely travel without having a new visa stamped.

However you'll need the current (valid) or renewed petition at POE each time you land in USA.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X