Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITIN Renewal

Hi all,

I have submitted W7 along with my original passport at IRS Tax Payer Assistance Center in person for my ITIN Renewal. They have verified my original passport and returned back my original passport immediately.

They had also given me a form back acknowledging submission of W7. They said it would take 9 to 12 weeks for renewal. 9 to 12 weeks is too long as we have to file our 2016 tax

Did anyone renew their ITIN recently and when did you receive a notice from them on ITIN renewal.

Date of Submission: 07-Feb-2017
    Place: IRS Office, Providence, RI

Note: I will update further if i receive any communication on my ITIN

Thanks,
    Pavithara

Even we submitted our W7 form at Providence on Feb 2nd & we were told the same thing that it might take upto 11 weeks to process considering its peak time.

Thanks!

Comment

ITIN Renewal

Originally posted by rajusari View Post
      Even we submitted our W7 form at Providence on Feb 2nd & we were told the same thing that it might take upto 11 weeks to process considering its peak time.

Thanks!
      Hi Raju,

Did you receive any further communication on ITIN?

Thanks,
      Pavithara

Comment

Originally posted by pavithara View Post
        Hi Raju,

Did you receive any further communication on ITIN?

Thanks,
        Pavithara
        Notyet Pavithara. I donot even see any update on IRS refund.Still waiting!!

Comment

Notyet Pavithara. I donot even see any update on IRS refund.Still waiting!!
          Hi Raju,

Did you apply for New ITIN or renewal for you wife?

I think if it is new ITIN then tax can be filed along with the application.

Mine is ITIN renewal and I was advised by the IRS officer not to file the tax returns till I receive communication on my ITIN renewal. She said system will give math error during e-filling and tax return processing will be delayed. Hence, I'm waiting for communication on ITIN to file the tax.

Thanks,
          Pavithara

Comment

Hi Raju,

Did you apply for New ITIN or renewal for you wife?

I think if it is new ITIN then tax can be filed along with the application.

Mine is ITIN renewal and I was advised by the IRS officer not to file the tax returns till I receive communication on my ITIN renewal. She said system will give math error during e-filling and tax return processing will be delayed. Hence, I'm waiting for communication on ITIN to file the tax.

Thanks,
            Pavithara
            Yes, it was a fresh ITIN application. Still no update on IRS.

Thanks,
            Pavan

Comment

Hi all,

I have submitted W7 along with my original passport at IRS Tax Payer Assistance Center in person for my ITIN Renewal. They have verified my original passport and returned back my original passport immediately.

They had also given me a form back acknowledging submission of W7. They said it would take 9 to 12 weeks for renewal. 9 to 12 weeks is too long as we have to file our 2016 tax

Did anyone renew their ITIN recently and when did you receive a notice from them on ITIN renewal.

Date of Submission: 07-Feb-2017
              Place: IRS Office, Providence, RI

Note: I will update further if i receive any communication on my ITIN

Thanks,
              Pavithara

Hi All,

I have another question regarding my ITIN renewal. My ITIN was last used for filing US Federal Tax in the year 2013 (i.e, ITIN was used in 2013 to file 2012 tax returns).

Is my ITIN still active or would have expired?

I'm raising this question as I could see in IRS website as below

"Q20: If a non-filer (ITIN owner without middle digits 78/79 in their ITIN who hasn’t filed tax year 13, 14, or 15 returns) submits at least one of those returns between October 1 and December 31, 2016 will they still be asked to renew their ITIN?

A20: If a non-filer submits a tax year 2013, 2014, or 2015 return, and the return completes processing before the end of December 2016 the non-filer will not need to renew the ITIN to file a return in 2017"

When I checked with tax consultants, they are not sure though. I tried calling IRS but all my calls were incomplete due to high volume of calls

Thanks,
              Pavithara

Comment

Hi All,

I have another question regarding my ITIN renewal. My ITIN was last used for filing US Federal Tax in the year 2013 (i.e, ITIN was used in 2013 to file 2012 tax returns).

Is my ITIN still active or would have expired?

I'm raising this question as I could see in IRS website as below

"Q20: If a non-filer (ITIN owner without middle digits 78/79 in their ITIN who hasn’t filed tax year 13, 14, or 15 returns) submits at least one of those returns between October 1 and December 31, 2016 will they still be asked to renew their ITIN?

A20: If a non-filer submits a tax year 2013, 2014, or 2015 return, and the return completes processing before the end of December 2016 the non-filer will not need to renew the ITIN to file a return in 2017"

When I checked with tax consultants, they are not sure though. I tried calling IRS but all my calls were incomplete due to high volume of calls

Thanks,
                Pavithara
                Hi Pavithara,

I got my spouse's ITIN today ( got it in 4 weeks). There is no update on IRS website yet though. Hope you will receive it soon too.

Thanks,
                Pavan

Comment

Hi Pavithara,

I got my spouse's ITIN today ( got it in 4 weeks). There is no update on IRS website yet though. Hope you will receive it soon too.

Thanks,
                  Pavan
                  Thanks Pavan for the update. Good that IRS turned back in 4 weeks on ITIN.

I have got my ITIN renewal notice from IRS today (06-Mar-2017).
                  Last edited by pavithara; 03-06-2017, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks Pavan for the update. Good that IRS turned back in 4 weeks on ITIN.

I have got my ITIN renewal notice from IRS today (06-Mar-2017).
                    Any Updates on Return or Update on IRS site? I still dont see any update on mine. But state Tax is e-filed & i can see that they received it & its still in process.

Thanks,
                    Pavan

Comment

Any Updates on Return or Update on IRS site? I still dont see any update on mine. But state Tax is e-filed & i can see that they received it & its still in process.

Thanks,
                      Pavan
                      Hi Pavan,

We are yet to e-file our returns as we were waiting for ITIN renewal notice from IRS.

We didn't send the federal tax returns along with W7 as mine was ITIN renewal case. Only for new/fresh ITIN, federal tax return is filed along with W7.

Comment

Hi Pavan,

We are yet to e-file our returns as we were waiting for ITIN renewal notice from IRS.

We didn't send the federal tax returns along with W7 as mine was ITIN renewal case. Only for new/fresh ITIN, federal tax return is filed along with W7.
                        Oh ok got it!! My federal returns just got updated on IRS website today (6 weeks from filing date) :-)

Thanks,
                        Pavan

Comment

Oh ok got it!! My federal returns just got updated on IRS website today (6 weeks from filing date) :-)

Thanks,
                          Pavan
                          Has anyone seen longer timeline than 6 weeks? Does anyone have to wait upto 12 weeks?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X